13. End of year

°°°

°°°

As the year drew to a close, Amelia tried to spend as much time with her friends as possible.

She tried to soak up as much time with Justin and Ernie as they hung out in the courtyard most of the days with Mandy and Marceline. On one of the lasts day they had together, the group decided to head down toward the Black lake.

Justin had noticed Amelia's demeanor change as the day to leave came close. Her eyes had become puffy and the aura around her seemed gloomy.

When everyone else was trying to skip rocks and attempt to see the giant squid, Justin pulled Amelia aside.

" You okay?" Justin asked softly. He watched her as she glanced up at him and gave him a shy smile.

" I will be. It's no secret how I feel about tomorrow." Amelia mumbled.

" Oh, Amelia." Justin pulled the girl into a bone-crushing hug. " If anything happens, you owl me, and I'll kidnap you to freedom," Justin exclaimed.

Amelia chuckled at Justin's actions. But a smile formed on her lips as she registered his words.

" Thank you, Justin." Amelia pulled away and glanced up at him. She couldn't help but feel grateful to have him.

" Come on. I want to try and see the squid!"

" Oh, the perks of being a Slytherin. We see that thing at least once a week when it swims by." Amelia informed him as they walked back toward the group.

Justin looked at her stunned.

" And you haven't invited me to see it!"

" It's unpredictable!" Amelia laughed, " Besides, it's against the rules."

Marceline turned around to face Amelia. She was eager to ask her a question.  Rumors went around of Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger rescuing the Philosopher's stone from Professor Quirrell and she wondered if it was true.

" Hey, Ames?"

" Yeah?" Amelia glanced at Marceline.

" Is it true what they are saying about your brother and Harry?" Marceline asked timidly.

Amelia sighed remembering the rumors that spread around. She wouldn't be surprised if Ron had played a part in the rescue because her brother is loyal to those he accepts.

" He hasn't spoken to me about it. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. I told you a lot about how I felt about Quirrell. Can't believe I was right. "Amelia told them.

Once night hit and dinner were over, Amelia and Aries walked toward the common room together.

" Can't believe this is my last night at Hogwarts." Amelia thought out loud as they walked down the stairs to the dungeons.