14. Home?

...

The train ride back to Platform 9 3/4 was filled with laughter and talk about summer plans as the Hogwarts Express passed through the green countryside of Scotland.

Amelia sat near the window with Marceline and Mandy sitting beside her. Justin and Ernie sat across from them as they all reminisced on their first year.

" How did you lot do on the exams?" Mandy questioned. The students received their exam results a day before they left which would grant them access to see if they even passed their first year.

" Got mostly A's. Got a poor in History of magic." Ernie commented as he scratched the back of his neck.

" I got poor in History too!" Justin exclaimed from beside him with a beaming smile.

Mandy rolled her eyes as the two boys high-fived each other on their shared bad grades.

Amelia laughed at them before turning her attention toward Mandy. " I got mostly O's, an A in History of Magic," Amelia told her. Ernie Macmillan scoffed jokingly and rolled his eyes at her last comment.

" We studied together and you still got higher marks?" Ernie inquired with a tone teasing tone while Amelia laughed.

" I obtained the information, unlike you two," Amelia reported before turning her attention back toward the girls. " I wouldn't be surprised if you two got all O's," Amelia told Marceline and Mandy.

" You are not wrong. Although I got an A in Herbology. " Mandy sighed.

" And I got an A in Herbology and History of magic," Marceline said in a disappointed tone. Amelia smiled sympathetically at Marceline who looked at her bashfully.

" You two are being too hard on yourselves. " Ernie said, " You probably did better than a lot of other first years." He said referring to himself and Justin.

The five of them continued to talk about the subjects they struggled in and complained about having to take all the same classes again next year.

Ernie bought the lot of them Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans and a couple of chocolate frogs as the train zoomed by muggle towns. They soon changed from their wizardry robes to their jackets and coats as they neared the platform.

Justin glanced over at Amelia who's eyes were focused on the window as they watched the buildings go by.

Amelia started to feel a heavy weight on her chest as the train came to a halt. It took a while for them to get off the train as many students were only allowed off the train in twos or threes ( To not alarm the muggles when they start bursting out of the brick wall. )

" You lot have my address right?" Justin asked them as they finally stepped off the train.

" Yes, we do," Ernie said.

The five of them hugged each other goodbye and began to find their families.

For Amelia, it wasn't a challenge to spot the Weasleys. Their red hair stood out amongst the crowd. She noticed Harry Potter standing next to Ron as the two said their goodbyes to each other.

Amelia stood silently beside her family. The slight glares that were given her way didn't go unnoticed by her. She felt her shoulders tense as Harry Potter left them.

" Alright, then. Let's go." Arthur announced. Amelia silently stood beside Ron as she linked arms with him, much to Ron's dismay as he scrunched up his nose and looked away from his twin sister.

The family apparated out off the platform and in front of the Burrow. Amelia felt queasy as she felt her insides untwisting as her eyes sucked back into their sockets.

"Amelia."  The sound of Molly Weasley's voice caused Amelia's shoulders to square. She slowly turned to face her mother and noticed her stern-looking expression. Without another word, she continued,
"Ginny had requested to have her own room. So, we had decided to move you into the attic."

" The attic?" Amelia scoffed. She let her trunk fall beside her as she crossed her arms. She didn't hide her hurt expression. " I'm not some ghoul you can put away in the attic!" Amelia's strong voice said.

She looked between her mother and father and didn't notice any hesitation in their expressions. If anything they seemed cold.

"It's what's best," Molly said, sternly, as she eyed her daughter.

" How is that for the best?" Amelia asked. She felt her eyes starting to water as her nose began to sting.

" We don't want you corrupting Ginny with all your pure blood nonsense." Arthur Weasley said with a tone of disgust in his voice.

" I see we are circling back to me being a Slytherin." Amelia sighed.

" All bad wizards go into Slytherin!" Molly Weasley grumbled as she glared at her daughter.

" That's not true," Amelia mumbled as she remembered the portraits in the Slytherin common room. "Some of the best wizards ever known have been in Slytherin!" Amelia stated proudly with a slight grin on her face. But she quickly frowned when she noticed her parents shocked expressions.

"Oh. I see. You believe that he-who-must-not-be-named is considered one of the best wizards!" Arthur stated angrily as his voice rose.

" Bloody hell, I was talking about Merlin." Amelia quickly clarified. Her heart felt heavy once she realized how her parents wouldn't see past the Slytherin crest.

" You still have brought a horrible name to our family," Molly mumbled as her voice quivered slightly.

" How! Please tell me. Is it that bad to have a Slytherin daughter?"

" Yes," Percy mumbled from the doorway of the home. Amelia turned her head and glared at him. 

"It's just a house. It's not going to determine my whole life." She added. Amelia turned back toward her parents and watched them attentively.  

" The hat has shown your true colors. The Slytherin house represents everything we are not, Amelia." Arthur said disappointedly as he began to walk away from her. Molly followed behind him as a few tears fell down her cheek.

Amelia stood dumbfounded as her parents walked past her. The faucet in her eyes turned as hot tears began to roll down her face. She wrapped her arms around herself as she turned around to face the entrance of the Burrow. 

Percy was long gone once Amelia turned toward the doorway along with Fred and George. But, Ginny stood there awkwardly as she glanced at her sister. Amelia noticed her watery eyes and red nose. The two sisters stared at each other until Ginny turn her head away and walked away.

Amelia felt an agonizing feeling stir inside her. Her heart felt heavy against her chest. Her breathing became irregular as a whimper escaped her lips.

Then she noticed Ron was nowhere to be seen. She was officially alone.