{CHAPTER 8}

°

°

RHAENYRA FELT A SHIVER GO DOWN HER SPINE WHEN A PAIR OF FINGERS SLOWLY STARTED TO DRAW SMALL SHAPES ALL ACROSS HER NAKED BACK. The sounds of morning, faraway chatter and a pleasant birdsong reached her even before Rhaenyra managed to open her eyes. Her eyes started to flutter open, though closed straight away with a displeased whine as the suns morning rays hit her straight in the face.

A deep chuckle came form behind her, making Rhaenyra almost jump out of her own skin out of fright. Had she not been wrapped up in a pair of warm and strong arms Rhaenyra must surely would have fallen off the bed, instead she was pulled back against the persons broad chest.

A warm pair of smooth lips were pressed against the nape of her neck making Rhaenyra sigh pleasantly, a smile sneaking its way up on her lips. 

"Did I frighten you?" Thranduil's voice was even deeper in the morning and sent more chills down Rhaenyra's back as he whispered those words straight in her ear, "My apologies, I will try to not do it again."

Rhaenyra shifted around in his arms, turning so she could face the Elven King fully and pulled up the thin blankets to cover herself with while doing so. She felt her cheeks burning with embarrassment, laying in the same bed as Thranduil covered by thin silken blankets and only wearing her smallclothes.

"I remember some of last night," She admitted with a bashful smile, though her voice remained calm as Thranduil's presence had that effect on her. He played with her hair, brushing his fingers through the long silver locks, "I remember the Feast, speaking with your advisers and talking on the balcony with you. But after our kiss my memory has become a little fuzzy."

A wide smile grew on Thranduil's lips as she spoke, his cold and icy blue eyes that often held so much reservation and coldness to them shone in a different light this morning, his eyes softer and carrying the same warmth Rhaenyra felt when she thinks of what a home would be.

"Do you want me to remind you?" Thranduil leant closer, their noses touching and his eyes sparkled with mischief, Rhaenyra giggled at the sight of the stoic King acting so playful. She felt his hands settle on her hip underneath the blanket and pulled her closer to him.

Rhaenyra mumbled out a breathy yes

"Well, the window was open just like it is now, with the curtains swaying with every breeze and the stars lighting up the room." During the time he spoke Thranduil started to squeeze and massage her hip, every now and then his hand would go up to stroke her back and his lips pressed lightly against the corner of her mouth, leaving a desperate feeling in her of wanting more. "And you were laying in the middle of this exact bed-" Rhaenyra let out a mousy squeak as Thranduil sifted on the bed, leaning on his arms and hovering above her, "And I was right here above you."