59 | memento mori

| meliorism |
chapter fifty nine

| meliorism |chapter fifty nine

҉  ҉  ҉

With a gasp, Rhena woke up, reaching out for dear life.

Her eyes snapped open as her hands grabbed everything she could to keep her body steady. Her hands gripped the bed as she took multiple gaps for air, trying to calm herself. She was home, that was all that mattered.

Once she seemed stable enough, she looked around, only to find a familiar room. Her heart beat against her ribcage as she sat in the bed, removing the blanket from her body. She was burning up, but there wasn't any complaint from her body. With a frown, she held the side of her head, wondering what happened.

When she started to recall the last memories she had stored, a tired sigh escaped her lips. She looked around the room until she located the window, managing to see the last of the sunlight light creeping in. Either she only slept a couple of hours or a whole day.

    With a shaky hand, she started to stand up, closing her eyes for a good five seconds before opening them again, her head was buzzing as some memories came to her. She tried to move her hair away, but realized it was up in a ponytail; she smiled lightly, noticing the certain knot in the hair tie, she knew who had done it.

Her body was better, she could stand for herself, no energy loss or injuries. She was ready for a fight.

Before going out the door, she opened the drawer from the nightstand, taking out a pen and a notepad. In a quick manner, she scribbled a note for Damon, if he noticed she was gone, she hoped he would stay safe and don't do anything reckless.

She ripped the note and folded in half before putting it in the nightstand, next to the light. Before exiting the room, she took a look around, realizing that maybe it would be the last time she was there. She took her boots from under the bed, making sure her daggers were there and put the shoes on.

Slowly, she started to walk out the room, making the least noise posible. She didn't want to attract their attention or worry them, they didn't deserve that.

Without making any noise, she slid in the handrail of the stairs until she got to the bottom, where she swiftly got off. Adjusting her jacket, she walked towards the door, not looking back.

The sunset greeted her, causing her to look up in return. Her eyes went straight to the sun, where it was descending, then to the moon, where it was slowly ascending to the top, high and bright. At least it was going to be a good sight from below.