chapter 5

Isaac POV:

The doorbell was ringing, but I was ignoring it.

1. My mom should get it.

2. I knew who it was and I was trying to enjoy my last few seconds of peace.

And 3. My mom should get it.

"ISAAC GO OPEN THE DOOR RIGHT NOW!" My mom screamed from the kitchen. By the way she had screamed, the guests probably would've heard it too so well done mom.

Well done.

I stomped to the door, pausing for a few seconds, then putting on a fake, wide smile, I opened the door to see Mr Reid and Fanny, but no Zavier. I silently thanked the Gods in Heaven and hoped this wasn't a fluke.

"If it isn't the one and only Golden boy." Mr Reid grinned widely, ruffling my hair.

This nickname came from a weird time in my life. The first time I met Zavier was when I was about 3, I was jealous of his tan skin so I tried to make my skin 'golden' like his and of course it failed, but all the adults found it funny. I'm surprised, but very happy, that Zavier hasn't ever used this nickname. Let's just hope it stayed that way.

Mom finally came out of the kitchen to welcome the guests, after getting my dad out of his office. I decided to try my luck with Fanny since it was just us two now.

"So fann- I mean Francesca, is your brother coming?" I crossed my fingers, praying she'd say no.

She looked up at me from her phone, her grey eyes showing disgust as if I had just asked her if she was on her period.

"Uhh... I don't know." She side eyed me, then walked away to the dining room but not before I caught a glimpse of her phone screen, with MY NAME at the top of her notes app.

What even...?

Well that's freaky. I went to shut the front door when somebody's foot got in the way.

"Forgotten about me already sweetheart?"

Dammit. I was so close.

Maybe I could convince him to leave." You've got the wrong house I'm sorry." I put on a genuinely apologetic face, trying to kick his foot out so I could shut the door.

"Ha ha. Open the door now."   

I furrowed my brows, "I'm being serious."

Just when he was starting to look a bit unsure, my mom betrayed me once again, calling my name and then asking where Zavier was.

Zavier smirked at me, folding his arms and waiting for me to open the door for him.

"Fuck you." But I still opened the door, my pride already being stepped on.

"Hmm." He stopped, slowly eyeing me from my head to the ground. "Not yet." He then walked away. That felt absolutely violating, I shivered then followed behind him.

Mr Reid and my dad were already in a full blown conversation whilst it looked like my mom was struggling to have a conversation with Francesca who was more interested in the walls which she had already seen a million times.

On seeing Zavier, my mom zoomed up, going to give him a hug like she hadn't seen him in a hundred years. I had to step around them and sit in my usual spot, next to Francesca and Mr Reid, and opposite my mom. No surprise Zavier sat next to my mom. It was an 8 seated table but nobody sat on either far ends.

I ate my food silently, nobody was really interested in talking to me but maybe it was better that way since I could avoid awkward chats.

"I heard you're captain of the soccer team, well done, I'm proud of you." I perked my ears up at my mom saying this to Zavier and tried to correct her.

"No mom we're j-" I was cut off by her talking over me again like I hadn't even said a word. "I always knew you'd be a great captain." She carried on.

I sighed, playing with the food that I had no appetite for anymore.

"I'm gonna..." I trailed off to see nobody even listening, so I just stood up and took my plate, heading upstairs to my room.

Nobody called after me or asked where I was going.

I actually didn't mind the quiet, it was relaxing. I turned my laptop on and went on Netflix.

What to watch hmm.

I scroller for a few minutes before settling on the Truman Show. I pressed play and laid on my bed, the room now dark.

A few minutes in, I heard a knock, but assuming it was my mom, I ignored it, forgetting my mom never knocks. The person took me ignoring them as an approval for them to enter anyways. as the door opened and in walked Zavier.

"Not you, anyone but you." I stuffed my face into my bed, hoping he would take this as a sign to leave, but no, King Zavier does what he wants. He came and sat cross legged on the bed, next to where I was laying.

"Your mom said these candies came for you." My face lit up as I stupidly went to take them but he pulled them away from me, wagging a finger in my face. "Now be patient, you wouldn't like if I were to go tell your mom that you tried to steal candy from a guest, especially me." He put a hand on his chest, feigning a horrified expression.

"They're mine though." I went to grab them, but he lifted his arm so the sweets were further away.

"Too slow." He mocked me, moving the candy closer to my face then moving it away as fast as he could.

I waited, then when he was off guard, I quickly pushed him, pinning him down lightly and grabbing the pack out of his hand with a triumphant smile.

"Well played Jones." He grinned spookily.

I loosened my grip on him... big mistake. In a flash, Zavier had swapped the positions, me now underneath him.

"Ah fuck you've given me whiplash." I groaned at the sudden move.

"I actually quite like this position." He smiled smugly whilst heat ran through my cheeks as Zavier straddled me.

I had to get out of this position... and get my candy.

I put on my grade A acting skills and spoke in a terrified voice,"Oh my God Zavier."

He worriedly looked at my face, "What is it?" Then looked around, and as soon as he did, I flipped the positions again, but this time making sure I pinned him down with more force.

"You dickhead. You actually scared me." He complained, but I didn't care because I had the packet now, and he didn't.

"Now you have to pinkie promise  you won't attack me as soon as I get up." I ordered, holding out my pinkie. He grumbled, but then held out his pinkie and 'shook on it'.

Cautiously, I got up off him, holding the candy behind my back, and walked to the other side of my room.

He put his hands up, "Alright, Alright, truce." I still looked at him suspiciously, who knew when you could trust him? I needed to hide the candy anyways, so when he wasn't looking, I slipped it underneath a pile of my clothes.

Perfect.

"Are you leaving now?" I went back to my original spot on the bed, realising I'd forgotten to pause so I had no idea what was going on now.

"Nah, our dads are drunk now and your mom is trying to show Francesca her old makeup pallets." He joined next to me, watching the movie that I know I didn't invite him to watch.

"You're so annoying." I turned to glare at him.

"Right back at you chum." He grinned, patting me gently on the shoulder.

Asshole.

A/N: i love the Hamilton congratulations song, i'm sad they took it out ب_ب. also enjoy reading this, as I mentioned before i'm British so I might name things differently to how Americans normally do but I'm trying to use the American words since they're American.  :) 01/08/20