Chapter 40: Hospital Proposal

-edited (I forgot to add something important at the A/N below)

Third Person's POV

3 days before the court hearing

Taehyung was languidly leaning against the wall, near Hyumin's room to see how his brother was doing. But he couldn't find a chance to check at all. Hee Seonmi never left that room, she eats, sleeps, and practically lives in there already.

This might be a lot harder than I thought, Taehyung inwardly pondered, how can I find an opportunity to sneak around and check? Hee Seonmi's assistant has been standing guard outside from morning to night.

He originally thought he could just peek and see Hyumin's condition then leave, but no, Hee Seonmi just had to make things a lot harder for him.

Taehyung had been trying to find a chance to snoop around since morning but luck was not on his side. He could have ordered someone else to do it for him, but no, he wanted to see his brother's condition himself.

Maybe I should come back tomorrow. Taehyung thought as he turned to leave.

"AH! EMMA! Quick! Call for the doctor!" just a few steps taken yet Taehyung almost jolted in shock hearing that loud commotion.

I never thought Hee Seonmi could be so loud. What a shrew, screaming inside hospital premises.

Taehyung immediately went to the blind spot where he had been hiding upon hearing the commotion...

Has something bad happened to Hyumin?..

"Wh- what..? Madam why are you.."

"You useless— just, stop asking questions and.. oh for goodness sake must I do everything myself?!"

Angry yet hurried footsteps were heard followed by the assistant's voice

"...madam! Wait, I'll come with you!"

Hee Seonmi and her assistant passed by in a rush, not noticing the concealed presence in the corner.

Looks like I can check on Hyumin today. Luck is really on my side, Taehyung thought as he rushed for Hyumin's suite.

The door clicked open and the spacious room seemed unusually silent, Taehyung felt nervous all of a sudden as he approached the bedroom where Hyumin was in.

"Mom stop the fuss, I'm really fine—"

Taehyung met a familiar pair of eyes on the hospital bed.

"Hyumin..." He murmured, unable to believe what he's seeing. He never would have expected for Hyumin to wake up during this crucial time.

"Bro.. It's you." Hyumin said, evidently surprised to see him

"How have you been?"  Hyumin asked, a small smile etched on his lips

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?" Taehyung said as he approached Hyumin more closely, checking on him.

"I suppose so" Hyumin said with a slight chuckle "Actually, I'm fine.. Nothing I can't handle, I just woke up yet mom was screaming all over the place."

"So.. she had no time to tell you about the poison." Taehyung said, blurting out his inner thoughts "or make up lies against me and Jisoo." which was very likely what Hee Seonmi would do.

Hyumin stared at Taehyung, confused.. "What do you mean, has.. has something happened?"

"Did you know that you were in a coma?" Taehyung asked