27 - Dance class

AN - You'll notice in this chapter the scene in which Fred asks Angelina to the ball comes before the dance practice and if you watch the films you'll see that it's the other way around but I just changed it because the story flowed better that way :)

---

A week had past and you were still yet to find a date. You weren't too worried because going alone wasn't such a bad thing, right? If anything you were more worried about Harry. He was still yet to ask anyone and he had to dance in front of the whole school with the rest of the champions. 

You wanted to go with someone and deep down you knew that someone was Fred. Hermione and you had been talking about the ball and you let it slip. She insisted that it was evident that you two should go together even if it was as just friends. She'd also told you about her and Krum, unlike the boys who were none the wiser.

You were currently sat in class with the majority of the Gryffindors. You all had to merge classes due to the number of students that now called Hogwarts their home. You were sat on the Gryffindor table working in your potions book. Hermione was sat on your left, the twins were opposite you, Harry and Ron were next to Hermione. 

"This is mad. At this rate, we'll be the only ones in our year without dates. Well ... us and Neville." Ron remarked as Snape hit his head slightly so he'd focus back on his work. 

"Then again, he can take himself," Harry replied as he and Ron grinned at one another. You and Hermione heard the boys try and suppress a laugh which caused you both to send them a deadly glare. 

"Nice. But it might interest you two to know Neville's got someone." Hermione snapped. 

"Now I'm really depressed." Ron muttered. You went back to your work and became to engrossed in it that you didn't realise that Fred had passed Ron a note. It read - 

GET A MOVE ON OR ALL THE GOOD ONES WILL HAVE GONE

Ron looked over to his brother and asked him a question. "Who are you going with then?" Freds eyes quickly looked over to you before leaning over to Neville. 

"Oi Neville do me a favour and distract her." He pointed to you. The brown-haired boy nodded at him as he leant over to you. 

"(y/n)? (y/n)?" 

"Everything okay Neville?" You questioned. 

"Can you help me with this please? I don't get it." He turned his book towards you which you happily took and began explaining the specific potion to him which gave Fred a chance to talk to Ron. Once he knew you were preoccupied with Neville he pointed at you. 

"You're taking (y/n)?" Ron asked. 

"That was evident." Harry responded. 

"Have you even asked her yet?" Hermione added. 

"Not yet..." 

"Well hurry up because I've heard that Cedric's been eyeing her up." Hermione snapped. 

"I thought you'd ask Angelina." Ron spoke up. 

"Why would I ask Angelina when I can ask (y/n)? You prat." 

"I always thought you and Angelina were like you know... all touchy-" 

"No me and Angelina aren't like that you git! Neither are me and (y/n) but I want to go with her." Fred glared at his brother. 

"Alright I only said-" 

"Why would I say 'Oh Angelina! Will you come to the ball with me?' when I want to ask (y/n)-"