Forward - Please Note

***
May 1, 2020

I found something interesting while I was rewriting this. A story within a story. And I think, maybe all along, it was the story I should have been writing.

The plot came easier because I already had the pieces. Each pawn and king and rook was smoother to move around the board. And for a while I found it disheartening that I had put so much of my self into rewriting this version of The House of Hidden Things that I wasn't about to let it go just yet.

Which is why I'm posting this version before I loose all hope in it.

I'm also posting because I've been a target to plagiarism. A person following me sent me a message a few months ago and I did some investigating and the book- while not an exact copy- was using my character names, plot and backstory and character motivation to create their own world. Which was a stain that spread every time I though about adding more words to this story. To charlottes story.

So, I leave you, dear reader, with this version of The House of Hidden Things and a promise that I have something wonderful coming.

Though it may be a little different from this world and a little more Penny Dreadful then I had anticipated. If you're willing, please give this a read and if not, it was a pleasure to meet you even in the forward and if you do, I'll meet you in the Epilogue.

Best wishes,

M. Eli. xx