Chapter 8

Arya's PoV~

Its been three days.

And I'm in a tree.

I couldn't make up my mind about either or not I should trust the mate of the guy I hurt. The girl that could possibly be Luna Bella.

But it's still a safe area so I stayed close these past three days. Around noon today, I came back to the exact location that the girl wanted me to.

She didn't want me here until about sunset, so I was very early. But I did that for a reason.

I made sure I had all the supplies I needed before climbing up a large tree that was right near the location. I climbed to the furthest the tree could support.

And I waited.

This girl could come prepared. She could have the entire area surrounded and trapped me. But I wasn't going to let that happen.

For hours, I sat there. I kept my mind alert, making sure there weren't any wolves sneaking up on me. And when I got hungry, I ate half a bowl of salad.

The weather has hit the negatives now. All animals were long into hibernation and it became nearly impossible to hunt.

That jacket, the girl gave me, was a lifesaver. Oliver and I spent a few winters in Jadestrike Hideout, so I haven't experienced the cold weather in a few years. My body has been having a hard time creating enough warmth to be comfortable. I think it's stress.

The stress of this entire situation has made it harder for my body to create warmth and is making it harder for my body to heal itself, which is creating more stress.

Wolves are pack animals by nature and, by traveling alone, it's starting to affect my mental health.

Most rogue that travel alone slowly, with time, become more emotionless and violent. Without having a family, or a mate, causes the wolf to go insane.

I was only alone for a few months before running into Oliver. Before me, he was only alone for a month. But our wolves were lonely, and I think that's why we connected almost instantly.

But, now, Theia and I are alone again. It's only a matter of time before we go insane too. However, I know of a great cliff to jump off before I get that bad.

Around seven is when I heard movement. By the scent that I was able to pick up, it was the girl. And her mate.

Within a minute, I was able to see both of them. The girl was carrying a large bag as her mate was walking a dozen feet behind her.

"Joel, go back to the Pack House. You're going to scare her!"

Joel. It is Alpha Joel and Luna Bella.

A shiver of fear traveled through me but I knew if it came down to it, I could take them both. But that would cause a huge problem.

So, I guess my plan would be to stay here until they leave and try to stay quiet. I couldn't trust them.

Luna Bella was definitely talking about me. But that fact that she was worried about either or not Alpha Joel was going to scare me didn't make me trust her anymore.

"I'll try not to but she's dangerous and I'm not leaving you alone with her." He whisper-shouted back at her.

I don't blame him, especially since I brunt his hand last time I saw him.

But his words still made me silently awe. He was caring for his mate.

Theia quietly whimpered in my head, expressing how jealous she suddenly was.