Chapter 2- The Start of It All

Nicolas loves having our life planned out, he likes being organized like me. He loves it when I laugh his jokes, even if they aren't funny. His family loves me, but sometimes I feel as if I'm not enough for him. I don't know what it is, I've just always felt something missing. I plan everything out, because that's what my parents taught me to do. They didn't tell me to be so serious about it,and I haven't always been this way; I just decided one day that I was going to take life more seriously then others. You only get one life, and I don't want to mess mine up. Nicolas and I always agree, and we never fight. But here I found myself caught off guard. He was sick.

"What do you mean? You have to pick me up for school?" I questioned Nicolas over the phone.

"I really can't afford a tardy, come pick me up, now, please-" I demanded over the phone and hung up, before he could decline.

Sure enough I watch as the bus leaves and wait till I see him.
The thing is, I never do. He never comes, so I decide to call him. He doesn't even pick up this time.
"Perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough-" I say into the phone.

"You've got to be kidding me." I mumble as I hear the roar of someone's motorcycle right behind me. Hanging up the phone, I began to turn around.

"I'm here to pick you up." He smiles, but by the tone of his voice it's not Nicolas. In fact, there's only one voice so obnoxious.

"Why are you even talking to me, you're not even on my side of the cafeteria? Bye!?" I roll my eyes, with a hand on my hip.

"Look, Nick is sick; so he sent Morgan to get you, and then she sent me."

"But you're James Mitchell-"

"You're not that great either, so get on." He argues.

"Whatever they are paying you; I'll pay double if you drive away this instant."

"Then nothing. No one's paying me anything. I can leave, and that'll only mean you'll be even later to school. But hey at least you'll manage to be "fashiiiioooonably late ." He snickers with a snort.

"You did not just snort!?? My eyes narrow.

"Ummm..."

"Ummm what?!?"

"Please just get on already, or I'm leaving."

"Bleckkk, whatttever." I reply, lifting one leg over.

"This better not ruin my jeans or I'll tell everyone you kissed Lindsey Shoult." I threaten.

"Eww, that's disgusting." He scrunched his nose. The look on his face was actually pretty cute, and I couldn't help but giggle.

"O.M.GEE! Did Christina Jacobson just laugh at somethinggg I DID!?" He covered his mouth and widened his eyes in mockery.

"Okay you can stop now." I reply.