6.

*Unedited*

Aaron's POV

"Who are you?"
I asked the girl standing in front of me because she was not Sophia.

Then it clicked.

"You are the girl from terrace na who couldn't recognize me. I thought you are an innocent girl and here you are playing this nasty prank on me". I said annoyed. But can you blame me? I was receiving this awful joke on my wedding night. I didn't seem to catch a break.

"Why are you crying now? Aren't you happy by playing this horrible prank?" I got frustrated when I saw tears rolling down her eyes. What did she expect that I would be enjoying it.

"Listen, leave the room and send Sophia. I have to discuss something important with her. There's no need for crying, but what you teenagers do for fun is wrong, a wedding can't be used as an excuse. Ok Now leave." I tried to say in a calm voice. I couldn't have a crying girl on me. But when I saw she wasn't moving from her place and didn't even stop crying. I did what I felt right at that moment.

I held her from her elbow and started moving us towards the door. She wasn't restricting but not complying either. Then I opened the door and threw her out it but not applied too much force. She stumbled a bit but didn't fell.

"If you see Sophia send her in," I said annoyed, and slammed the door shut on her face.

I sighed. I went into the shower to clear my head. This was not the way I had thought the night would go.

Sophia and I have agreed to an arranged marriage but it also had a business deal involved in it. Her father and my father were doing business together and they thought it would be a good idea to seal the deal with marriage.

I was not very excited by this thought of arrange marriage but I didn't have much choice, my father had made it very clear that if I want my share in his will I have to go with this arrangement.

Two months ago, when I met Sophia I realised this is not an arrangement but a suicide mission. She was not happy with this marriage either. She didn't give me a second look after that 'talk' but agreed.

I had tried to find a middle ground between us but failed. Ever since this wedding had planned Sophia tried everything to make my life hell so that she could get me annoyed and I would back away from this marriage.

But I was as helpless as she was. When she stopped her antics and I thought she came to her senses, but boy I was wrong. I bet she was also involved in that little prank. She would have changed my bride earlier if she had her say in it.

I wanted to give this wedding a chance but if nothing would work we would divorce each other after a year.
I was not interested in trying a bond that was forced. My father knows this I had made this one thing very clear to him. I was just here to say all these things to Sophia before taking our flight to New York but she had to behave immaturely and put this act on.

When I entered my room wearing only pyjamas and towel drying my hair I saw my parents standing anxiously in my room.

"Dad, what's going on in here," I said when I sensed something is wrong.

My mom was also standing there fidgeting.

"Where is that girl?" my dad asked instead of replying.

"What's with that girl, Dad? I threw her out. Where is Sophia?"

My mom gasped at my answer and looked at my dad accusingly. Something was going on between the two.

"She is your wife, Aaron. She is your substitute bride because Sophia ran away." My dad said through gritted teeth and my heart stopped.

"What?" I yelled and Dad glared at me.

"Dad, it's not the time for a joke." I menacingly stated. No way that he could did this to me, without even telling me.

"I am not joking. I know it is hard for you but it is just as it is. You can divorce her after a year." He said it like it was nothing. His own son's marriage was nothing.

I was furious. I moved until I was head to head with him. I want him to back down but he sure was my Dad.

"Dad, you married me to a girl I know nothing about. And you are here telling me to be chill about it. How could I be? how could you do this?" I didn't notice that my hands on his collar until he removed my hands and dropped them by my side.

"Everyone has to make some hard decisions in business and I made one to save my business and reputation. You would thank me later when you would be in a sane mind." He patted my shoulder and when I didn't reply. He sighed. I was business to him, his son.

Thank you Dad for reminding me how much I meant to you. My whole body was shaking furiously in anger but I stood still because I knew if I moved I would do something I regret.

"Son, I cancelled your trip to New York for time being and arranged your flight to Mumbai. I did what is best for you Son." He said and left, my mom, followed him. If he had considered me his son he would not have done this.

I flipped the glass table near me in a blind rage, the glass cracked as the door sound shut.

*****