she won't let go when you hug her

You heard Hailee let out a heavy sigh as you opened the door to her music room. She had her hands resting on her cheeks as she stared at the notebook in front of her. As you crept closer you could see there were lyrics that had been scribbled out and a few balled up pieces of paper near her feet that she ripped apart in frustration.

Your hands landed on her shoulders and thanks to the tank top she had opted to wear today you were able to pepper soft tiny kisses all across her shoulder blades. She hummed happily and turned around in her chair to look at you.

"You seem frustrated."

She nodded as a pout appeared on her lips. "I am."

"Do you need a hug?"

It was so simple yet so sweet and she found herself smiling at your question. "I'd really love that!"

You giggled and sat on her lap. You let her wrap her arms around you and bring your head to her chest. Her steady heartbeat filled your ear, causing a tiny smile to form on your face. She sighed blissfully and tightened her grip on you. "This is much better! Just what I needed."

"I'm glad I was able to help." You said and tried to pull away, but only so you could give her a little kiss and a little space if she was inspired. But Hailee wasn't ready to let you go. She wasn't willing whatsoever. Her grip on you only seemed to tighten and the adorable little laugh that fell from your lips made her eyes light up.

"Hailee! Don't you wanna let go? So you can write?"

"Let you go? No, never. I can write just like this; with you right here on my lap, in my arms. You're inspiring me." She kissed the crown of your head and spun her chair around causing you to shriek at the unexpected movement. You giggled against her skin as she picked her up her pen and gazed down at you with a look of adoration in her eyes.

"Boop." She teased, poking your nose playfully with her pen. She laughed and kissed your lips softly before she started to write, occasionally stealing a kiss or pausing to rub her hand along your back.

You were cozy in her arms and happy you had given her some inspiration. If this is how she wanted to spend the next few hours you'd be just fine with it.