EXTRAS

this was made bc my dumbass tried to do 'secret' 'suspenseful' things and fucking failed to incorporate the 'answer' in later chapters. forgive me _

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

{ mystery caller }

As the Takahano males got ready for bed within the Hinata household's living room, Makoto exited her room with her pillow in hand.

"Woah, are you sleeping out here?" Takumi asked with a raised eyebrow, wondering why she wouldn't wanna sleep in her own bed.

Makoto shrugged, "Uh, yeah. Some weird guy has been calling me before you guys came, and I told him where I live, so if he shows up, you guys can die first." She answered, plopping in the center of the males.

"Wait, someone has been calling?" Kichiro asked with wide eyes. "What were they saying? Who was it?"

"I don't know. Must be some random middle aged lowlife who can't do anything other than prey on fifteen year old girls." Makoto muttered, rolling her eyes. "He said he'd find me or something."

"Didn't you call Makoto to tell her that we'd show up here?" Nao said as everyone glanced at Takumi.

Makoto was quick to jump up. "It was you?!?!"

"I WAS SICK SO MY VOICE SOUNDED WEIRD! BESIDES, I WAS NERVOUS TO TALK TO YOU AFTER SO LONG!" Takumi shouted, pointing a finger at Makoto who looked stunned.

"What?! Why?!" She shouted back, whacking him with a pillow she snatched off the couch. "I was scared shitless for a week, you walnut!"

"WELL, IM SORRY! DO YOU NOT RECALL THAT YOU CALLED ME A 'random middle aged lowlife who can't do anything other than prey on fifteen year old girls', HUH??" Takumi restated, making everyone suddenly go quiet.

"Well, she's not wrong." Aki shrugged, getting a pillow thrown at him by Takumi.

"Shut up!"

"No, no, she's got a point." Nao chimed in, caressing his chin in thought. "You're always groping her."

"I do not grope her!" Takumi shouted, earning flat looks from everyone, including Makoto.

He stopped arguing when he realized no one would let this go. "I'm going to bed."

{ apology }

"Jirou, come here." Makoto said as she sat on the couch, waving him down. It was the morning after she had yelled at him, telling him to fuck off because he was an outsider. Now that she was no longer angry, she realized she had been a little too harsh on the male.

"What? Why?" Jirou asked as he stood four feet away from her with an apprehensive look on his face.

Makoto waved him down once more. "Just come."

"No, you're gonna hit me." Jirou shot back, holding his arms up defensively. Makoto flashed him a flat look.

"Bruh."

After about five minutes of convincing him to sit beside her, he finally sat down and went stiff as she threw her arms around his neck. His eyes were wide as she hugged him tightly, making him wonder if this was a new kill tactic.

"What did I do now? Are you gonna break my neck or something?" The male asked nervously, desperately trying to think of what he did to earn this. Don't kill me. I'm only 15 (╥╥)

"I'm sorry." Makoto mumbled softly, frowning at the choice of words she used last night. "I didn't mean to snap at you last night. I know you were just trying to defend Kichiro."

"Wel-"

"No, shut up, let me finish." Makoto said as she squeezed him tighter, nearly killing him by accident. "I'm really sorry for saying that you were an outsider. You're a part of this group, so you're always included. I shouldn't have snapped at you like that. I feel so ba-"

"Makoto, calm down." Jirou chuckled, reaching up to ruffle her hair. His hearty laughter made her slightly pull away, seeing the genuine smile on his face. "Have you forgotten?"

"Huh?"

"You used to snap out at me all the time in Okinawa." Jirou explained with a laugh, recalling how she was so pissed off with him all the time. "Like the time I got gum in your hair."

"Oh my, you're right." Makoto said with narrowed eyes. "I still dislike you for that."

"Well, no use crying over spilled milk." This comment earned him a small slap on the arm. "But seriously, I know you don't mean it. I still love you nonetheless."

Makoto's bottom lip jutted out as her heart squeezed. "That was cute. Stop. I love you too."

"But I'm totally taking your spot on the team. I'll be the official number seven."

"Bruh, in your dreams."

"How cute." Hitoshi beamed as he entered the room, jumping on the two who were hugging. "I want a hug too!"

"Us too!"

"Woah, wait, no-"

Makoto died that night. ಥ_ಥ

[ short extra ]

The blond male sniffled quietly, wiping his eyes that watered. Sighing softly, he reached out and pulled the small girl closer to his side. Tsukishima tore his eyes away from the picture of the raven haired female, feeling emotions rush through him as he looked at her bright smile.

"I miss her." The female whimpered, holding onto Tsukishima's leg with a sad look on her face. "When is she coming back?"

"Ah, kiddo, she's..uhm...never coming back." It pained him to say such words to such a young child who was deeply attached to Makoto. He felt like he was hurting both of them by saying it aloud.

"She's dead?"

"Ah. Yeah."

There was a long silence between there before someone else interrupted their sullen moment.

"Kei, you bastard, can you seriously stop pretending I'm dead?" Makoto asked as she smacked him upside the head with a pillow, huffing lightly. She snatched the picture of herself off the cabinet and took it back to her room where it originally was.

Tsukishima and Natsu broke out into laughter as they watched Makoto walk away. The two shared a quick high five, sobering up from their laughing fit.

"That was hilarious." Tsukishima snickered, wiping his eyes that had watered with laughter.

"We should be actors or something!" Natsu exclaimed, earning a hum of agreement from Tsukishima.

"Natsu's really taken a liking to Tsukishima, huh?" Hinata said as he stood beside Makoto who watched Tsukishima and Natsu play.

"More like Kei's a bad influence." Makoto snickered as she disappeared into the kitchen to get some string cheese. 

"That too."