Grimauld Place, The Twisted Tournament, Chapter 1

Hari woke up screaming, well not screaming really, more like frantic hissing as she dug her nails into her arms. 

It was a nightmare, she told herself, just a dream! Yet it was always just a nightmare, and they never went away. She grabbed the glass of water beside her bed, drinking it as she tried to calm down. 

She finally managed to fall asleep again. Curling up into a ball, she pulled Nimhe closer to her, the snake giving her a feeling of comfort.

• • •

It was dark, Hari was in a large old kitchen. She smelled the rot and decay around her. Walking towards the only door, she came out into the hall. She saw a staircase and started up it. The stairs were thick with dust, which tickled Hari's nose as it rose into the air.

At the top of the stairs, at the very end of the hallway, a door stood ajar, light flickering through the gap. Suddenly slithering along the floor came a gigantic snake. It looked at her, tilting its head, as though beckoning her. 

She, sadly, followed the snake. As she entered the room, all she she saw was a flash of snakelike red eyes before her body erupted in pain.

She awoke again, sweating, tangled up in her blankets. Her arms were bleeding from her ever digging nails, gagged from all the times she bit them.

Giving up on sleep, she made her way out of bed. Putting on one of her giant sweaters over her pj's, she made her way down to the kitchen. She rubbed her eyes as she entered the kitchen. She stopped at the sight of more people than just Sirius. Lupin was standing next to the fireplace.

Hello Professor Lupin! She cast with her left hand, pulling her her sweater down further.

"You don't need to call me professor, Hari, just Remus."

Hari nodded.

"Remus is going to be staying here with us." 

Oh! Cool! She wouldn't be all alone when Sirius left almost everyday for work, that would be nice.

She yawned, making her way over to the cupboard for cereal. Pouring it into a bowl, she looked up at the list of things they had to do in order to make the house more livable. It was nailed up over the counter. The next thing on the list was doxies.

• • •

After breakfast, she got properly dressed, pulling her hair into a ponytail. It was Sirius's day off from work at the Ministry, so the two of them made their way to the drawing room, a long, high-ceilinged room on the first floor with olive green walls. The carpet exhaled little clouds of dust every time someone put their foot on it and the long, moss green velvet curtains wiggling avery time a doxie moved.

"Alright," said Sirius, "I have some Doxycide, were going to need to-"

We could just freeze the curtains.

"What?" 

Like just a quick freezing charm, then stun them individually? And package them? Isn't the venom useful?

"Oh, yeah..."

#Do not move.# Hari hissed, and the wiggling stopped. Sirius conjured a box, and Hari stuffed the curtains in. She vanished the curtain leaving only the doxies in the box and looked up to see Sirius staring at her again.

What?

"That's a sixth year spell!" 

She smiled.

"Then again, you did become an animagus in your third year, we only managed in our fifth."

She sealed the box, labeled it, hissed #Stay the same as you are.# and when asked, Sirius banished it to one of the many storage rooms.