My Everything.

My Everything.

A rewriting of Stronger Than My Rival.

At the beginning of the night, Lucious strode into his 'estranged' wife's fundraising party with nothing but bad intentions. After all, in his eyes, she deserved nothing good from him after the hurt she had put his heart through. Unapologetically at that as her words from a few weeks earlier continued to ring in his mind; "No, not guilt. I'm not feeling guilty about nothing." How could he forgive Cookie and move on if Cookie refused to admit that she had wronged him? It was simple; he couldn't, But he missed her and wanted her back, but the only way he could love her again without festering resentment was to get even.

Lucious recalled a time when he and Cookie had battled each other hard, a tit for tat, after something he had ignited when setting a hound - better known as the nosy ass Media - onto Angelo to ruin his campaign for Mayor because of jealously. Jealously that Angelo had the woman he loved. Now the game he and Cookie had played then had landed her back in his arms, even if it were temporary. He hoped this time she would stay in his arms since nothing was holding her back; not a misplaced loyalty to a man unworthy of her, nor this delusion she had created in her head that she was 'done' with him. If he had a dollar for every time his wife had proclaimed so firmly, so confidently, that she was done with him but yet found her way back by his side, he would be the richest man in the world.

Cookie loved him. She had admitted that when she suggested they give their marriage another go, however Lucious had been too furious to even consider it. She had cut him to the core the day she abandoned him with cruel words and an evil lie, and for that she had to suffer a little until he could welcome her back into his arms and trust her with his heart once again.

They had been playing their petty game all day, ignited by Cookie petulantly dumping his clothes over Empire. She had started the war but Lucious intended to win.

As he strode onto the red carpet, smiling and waving as the media called his name, begging for just a small amount of his attention, the first person to truly catch his eye was his wife.

"Look at chu," he exclaimed with a grin on his face as he approached Cookie, who glanced at him side-eyed. "On point as always." He complimented as he wrapped an arm around his waist, relishing their closeness even for just a moment. A moment of pretending they weren't furious with the other in front of all these cameras.

"The more charm you throw, the more snake I know you are," she told him with a faux smile to their audience. Lucious' grin grew wider. "What are you up to, Lucious?" she questioned, peering up at him with those big beautiful brown eyes he loved so much.

"What? Can't I show some appreciation to my beautiful wife?" he asked, gazing down at her as her eyes returned to the audience. Her fake smile brought him even more amusement. She was such a terrible faker, which made his light-hearted torment even more delightful. "And all the wonderful things you've accomplished. I'm so proud of you."

And though Lucious knew Cookie was taking every sentence he spoke with a pinch of salt, he genuinely meant it. He was so proud of her and everything she had accomplished with the community centre. His wife was truly excellent and her aspirations to better herself and those around her was truly inspiring. It was a shame Lucious just wasn't ready to follow suit quite yet. He had a Kingdom to rule and his Empire could not be ruled by a weak king.

"Can I get an interview?" A reporter called out but both Cookie and Lucious held their hands up to decline. Too many questions with too many dangerous answers. To the world, they were taking a 'break' and working out their issues but in real life, neither really knew where their relationship stood.