17.

"So when you hold my hand, do you wanna hold my heart? When you say you want me. Is it all or just one part?"

***

"Alex?" she called out again

"Alex?" she called out again. I thanked all the Gods that we decided to move round the boat and weren't right where Sarah could see us. She'd most definitely drown me.

With one more knee-buckling kiss, Alex swam away from me. I took that as my cue to go the opposite way and climb onto the boat as quickly and unnoticeably as I could. "What were you doing?" I hear her ask with suspicion lining her voice. "I swam around for a bit after the kids left." A smile graced my lips at how fast he had managed to come up with a good lie. "Where's Gianna?" of course she would ask that. Nosey bitch.

Before Alex could reply, I shut the bathroom door and walked towards them, as if I had been in there all along. "I'm here. Is everything okay?" she eyed me questionably and my smile never faltered. "Yes. It's time to get going now so I wanted to round everyone up." I nodded at her and sauntered past her husband, making sure to sway my hips as I did so.

I placed my dress over my figure once I had dried myself off. My hair was sprawled down my back in long damp waves, which contrasted to the usual straight hair I had kept. I scrolled through my phone for a while until we arrived back where we began.

The ride home was uneventful, I sat with the Luca and Elena, fighting the urge to fall asleep after the day I'd had. My eyes rolled back when I caught a glimpse of Alexander holding hands with Sarah in the front seat. Asshole. Think rationally Gianna. He probably forced him into it.

I sighed and closed my eyes, leaning against the window and closing my eyes.

"Gianna." I felt a hand on my shoulders and opened one eye, peaking at the idiot who decided to wake me up from my glorious nap. Speaking of glorious. Alexander smiled and I glanced at my surroundings noticing that we had reached their home. I stretched my limbs and took note of the empty car, my mind wandered back to our interrupted make-out session earlier, but I decided against finishing it in such a risky place.

"We're here c'mon." I got out of the car and he walked me over to mine, standing at the door as I got in. I looked at him with a smile. "What? No goodnight kiss?" he rolled his eyes. "Maybe another time, we almost got caught today." I laughed and he stared at me in question. "Not my fault your wife is clingy." Alex chose not to answer me and instead turned around without another word, walking into his huge 'family home.'

The drive back to my apartment was silent, thoughts of earlier clouded my mind and I smiled eternally.

For the first time in a while I had felt absolutely content and happy with my life, despite the obvious barriers between Alex and I being together, I still felt giddy knowing I had come this far with him. Although I knew he still felt hesitant to be with me, which made sense. He was married after all. Unhappy, but still married. And he was too good of a man to just throw that away.