𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟔𝟒

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

Anakin was gazing out at the blackened, scorching planet from the balcony of the Separatist base when he felt a sudden disturbance in the Force. A familiar presence was nearby. Anakin's heart began to race as his mind jumped immediately to Astrid, but then he quickly realized it wasn't her. 

It was Obi-Wan

Anakin's felt a flare of annoyance. He was still alive? The clones hadn't killed him? What was Obi-Wan doing here still alive

Anakin's gaze turned skyward to the smoke-filled sky, and sure enough he spotted a Republic star fighter flying down from the turbulent grey clouds. Instantly, he knew it was Obi-Wan's ship. 

How had Obi-Wan found him? Had he simply followed his Force presence, which had led him here to Mustafar? Did Obi-Wan know what Anakin had done? Had Obi-Wan witnessed Anakin selling his soul to the Dark Side to learn the power to save Astrid from death? 

Anakin decided he didn't care if Obi-Wan had seen what he'd one. Obi-Wan's opinions were now irrelevant to Anakin. Obi-Wan was no longer his master. 

As the star fighter vanished behind the other side of the volcano, Anakin turned and, stepping past the bodies scattered around the control room, hurried towards the landing pad where he was certain Obi-Wan had landed his ship. 

Anakin stepped out onto the walkway that linked the landing pad to the base. His dark cloak billowed behind him in the hot, steaming air as he strode forward with quick, measured steps. On either side of the walkway below, the searing hot lava steamed and bubbled. Flakes of ash rose into the air from the lava. 

Roughly thirty yards away in front of Anakin, Obi-Wan leapt down from his star fighter. Judging by the anguish evident in Obi-Wan's caramel-colored eyes as his eyes found Anakin, he knew Obi-Wan had uncovered his treachery. 

Obi-Wan knew Anakin was working with Darth Sidious. 

The two Jedi regarded each other warily as Anakin came to a stop fifteen feet away. Obi-Wan was the first to speak. 

"Anakin, how could you do this?" he asked, his voice breaking with heartbreak and disbelief. "You have allowed this Dark Lord to twist your mind until now-- until now you have become the very thing you swore to destroy." 

Anakin curled his lip with distain as he retorted sharply, "Don't lecture me, Obi-Wan. I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the Dark Side as you do." His hand moved to his lightsaber. "I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire." 

Anakin took a few steps forward, and the two began circling each other, their bodies lined with tension and hands within easy grasp of their lightsabers.  

"Your new Empire?" Obi-Wan repeated in disbelief. "This Empire has risen from violence and destruction, and it has replaced freedom with oppression! This is not peace, justice, or security! Anakin, Chancellor Palpatine is evil!" 

"Well, from my point of view, the Jedi are evil!" Anakin snarled, and his mechanical hand within his black glove clenched into an angry fist. "Don't make me kill you," Anakin warned Obi-Wan as they continued to circle each other. "Leave now, Obi-Wan, and I'll spare your life. I won't even try to find you." 

"Anakin." Obi-Wan's voice broke on his name before he continued desperately, as if urging his former Padawan to see reason, "My allegiance is to the Republic... to democracy!"

Of course Obi-Wan couldn't seen his point of view; he never had been able to when he and Anakin had still been friends-- brothers, even. Obi-Wan had always been so dutiful and perfect. He embodied everything Anakin hated about the Jedi Order and their ridiculous philosophies.