[23]

The girl sighed, the air coming out as vapor due to the unusually cold temperatures this evening

The girl sighed, the air coming out as vapor due to the unusually cold temperatures this evening. Her entire body was shivering, the cold biting at her skin like some sort of annoying bug, but she didn't care. She wouldn't go back inside.

Maybe she thought that making herself feel cold will help her forget about her hardships that had been haunting her all day.

The pit in her stomach still grew and grew. The ball in her throat refused to leave, making her feel as if she was going to choke any moment. Her body felt limp and numb, as if it was nothing but a shell without a soul inside it.

Of course she knew she was being checked up on ever so often. And knew that some of her new made friends were worried for her. For example, Jisung and Jaemin coming out to ask her to come back inside since the sun will be setting soon. Or Kun trying to drag her back, but to no avail. So they just let her lay there, on the garden bench, under the pink and orange sky.

This reminded her of her Friday adventures. The one day she had full freedom and could go wherever and whenever she wanted to. Sitting on that hill, watching the sunset had been the happiest memory of each week for the last two years.

The memory made her smile weakly, her eyes dropping as she had began getting sleepy. The wind rustling with the leaves was like a lullaby to her ears, the cold nursing her to sleep. She felt all of her warmth evaporate away from her exposed skin, leaving her with nothing but the freezing.

But she didn't mind it at all.

"What did you say to her this time."

Donghyuck scoffed, turning his head towards the male that stood beside his desk. He was of course in the warmth of his room which he hasn't left ever since Soomin had stormed out. He was of course still quite pissed, but the strong emotion had slightly faded over the hours that passed.

"I didn't tell her anything." He bit back whilst glaring.

"Well then explain to me why she's being all depressed again." Chenle crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow. It was clear that he was angry and concerned, but Donghyuck could care less.

"Maybe she's homesick or something. Just leave me alone."

"I heard you arguing, what did you argue about?" The other boy persisted.

Donghyuck remained quiet for a few seconds, thinking about what to tell him. In the end he just went with his favourite answer.

"It's none of your business."
"Sure, it ain't." Chenle sighed in annoyance. "But whatever it is, go out there and apologise."

"Hell no, I ain't apologising to her." Donghyuck retorted, crossing his arms as he leaned back in his comfortable chair.

"Do you want her to die of hypothermia then?" Chenle raised his voice ever so slightly.