Chapter 9 - Archer's POV

Trigger Warning: This is a continuation of the previous trigger. Depictions of a character being drugged.

**********************************************************************************************************************

    "Okay look Charlotte," I said as I grabbed her small shoulders and pushed her towards an open chair, "you are going to sit right here and not move got it? The second we are done back there I'll come right back and take you home okay?"

    I watched as she tried to smile towards the rookie. I could tell she hated this. Charlotte had always been a quiet girl and I never saw her in any social settings alone. She was surrounded by her family or those two annoying girls. Either way, it was like she was a princess that needed to be guarded.

    When she looked back towards me her eyes almost did me in. The large brown orbs were so filled with worry that I felt some primal caveman urge to grab her and protect her. I grimaced at that thought. She wasn't my girl or my responsibility even. Besides, she was sitting in the middle of a crowded room, what's the worst that could happen?

    Without really meaning to, I reached out and placed my hand on her thigh. She was wearing jean shorts and I was thrown by how soft her skin was. I really wanted to run my hand up higher but stopped myself. What the fuck am I doing? This is Ollie's little sister. So instead I gave her a little squeeze and said, "Okay, we'll be right back."

    I followed the rookie out the back door, flexing my hand to release the residual heat that lingered from Charlotte's thigh. By the looks of it, the rest of our team were already here. Wanting to get this over with as quickly as possible I stayed back by the door and waited. Tyler was standing in the middle of the deck smirking at everyone so I assumed that whatever idiotic plan tonight held was his doing.

    "Alright, boys!" Tyler began, "It's time to decide who the true winner of the Rookie Race is! Obviously, we couldn't do this at the Pep Rally since Dean Thomas has been cracking down on hazing rituals. But thanks to our Sigma Pi bros we were able to do this here."

I rolled my eyes. Of course, this was some dumb hazing thing. My thoughts wandered to Charlotte currently wearing a rookie's jersey... If Tyler's idiotic plan included the girls getting hazed too he had another thing fucking coming. "So why the fuck did they have to bring the girls here Tyler?" I spat from my spot in the back.

    "Patience Johnson... I'm getting there. So, boys, each rookie brought a girl here tonight wearing their jersey. It is now our job to decide which girl is the hottest. The most fuckable, if you will. The rookie that brought the hottest girl is the official winner of the Rookie Race and doesn't have to do DD duties for the next three parties. Now let's hear it! Who do y'all think wins?"

I felt my blood boil at the thought of them all staring at Charlotte like a piece of meat. I glared over at that idiot rookie Matt-or-whatever for bringing her here. I was slightly appeased that he looked just as pissed as me but I wasn't letting him off the hook yet.

    "I vote for #2! Her tits were fucking huge."

    "No way man Tyson's girl was a babe."

    "Yeah right boys, Emmett's girl takes it for me."

    "The little one? She looks like a prude, she barely smiled."

    "Those are the best ones man, the hot virgins." My shoulders tensed when I realized that they were talking about Charlotte. Fuck this bullshit.

    "Charlotte is off-limits," I said before I could stop myself. My voice was low but it cut through the bullshit instantly and everyone turned to look at me.