Chapter 9: regret

Y/n POV

"You heard everything. Didn't you?" I say without looking at her.

"Yes. I did, everything detail." Lucifer says as she walks towards me.

"Stop. Don't come any closer. Why? Why do you still care?" I ask her.

"I insulted you and the others. You should wishing for me to suffer yet you still try to help me. I killed so many people because they killed my parents. I broke up with my previous harem for revenge. I should be despised and hated. So Why?" I say looking down.

There was an odd silence for a while. I never looked at Lucifer. Besides demons are cruel after all. I can imagine her face as she wishes the ways for me to suffer.

Finally after a little bit she spoke again.

"Because y/n. I don't hate you. The girls don't hate you. They know your kind. We just wanted to help you through your pain." She says as she walks closer.

"From what I have seen. You are strong, kind, and in pain." She then turns me around so I can face her. But what shocked me was her expression. There was no hate or anger. But instead concern.

She used her hand to lift my head up to look at her.

"Pan and the others still care for you. After hearing your tale I feel guilty." She says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because when you said you hated harems and women. I was about to judge you much harsher. But now I understand. The reason you hate harems so much. Is because you believe that you can't satisfy everyone of them. All those girls you love. The stress gets to you and you break yourself to keep them happy." She says.

"You sacrifice yourself for everyone of them. That's why y/n." She says before hugging me.

"I have fallen for you."she says as my eyes widen.

"You are willing to make everyone hate you because you think you deserve love or friends. After you killed those murderers you hated yourself for it ever since. You shut everyone away because you wanted to protect them. But don't worry. We won't leave you or die for you y/n. Instead we'll live on with you." I started to tear up.

I never thought I could fall in love again after breaking my previous girl's hearts. But after I met Pan I felt that love again. I fell in love with her. She fell in love with me. Then Lucifer and the others came in as well.

It was just like with rias and the others.

"But how can I care for you all? I don't deserve you or Pan or anyone. I'm a monster remember? After that slaughter I could never tell anyone." I say.

But Lucifer never wavered.

"You don't have to worry about that y/n. Because me and the others. We will care for you." She then cups my cheek and kisses me.
When we separated I broke down.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry! I never wanted to hurt you all!" I say as she holds me. She just petted my head like what rias did when I was down.

"Come now. Let's get inside. Let me and the others treat you for once y/n." She says as she helps me up. I rub away the tears.

For the first time. I put on a genuine smile.

"I-I would like that." I say. We head inside. Lucifer called the others back to my home.

When they saw me still crying.

I closed my eyes in preparation for the worst. But that didn't happen. Instead the opposite.

They gathered around me. They asked if I was okay or if I was still in emotional pain. This warmed my heart. But then Pan sat next to me.

"Y/n." She says.

"Pan." I say.

She then tackles me with a hug as I reply the action. We both stayed in each other's arms.

"I'm so sorry for making you cry Pan. I can never excuse myself for that." I say.

"Please don't apologies y/n. It was all of our faults for not seeing it sooner." She says. Then the others formed a group hug around me.

I smiled as I returned the gesture. Then after we separated. They went ahead and helped me to the table. We all sat and ate chocolate pancakes. Courtesy of Lucifer of course.

But I helped make the drinks for everyone. We all ate and laughed. At the end of the day I looked out into the orange sunrise.

But this time it seemed more brighter than usual. I looked to it as a reflection of myself. Yes I am still in pain. But with the girls by my side I feel as if I can get through this.

I'm done being the lonely guy. This time I'm going to change. I'm going to a better y/n. But first I need to expand my home for the girls to live here.

So I head into town for help.