Mr. Weasley & the Snake

Lacey was being shaken awake by Professor McGonagall early on December 22nd.

"There's been an attack on Arthur Weasley, the Weasley children have all asked if you would accompany them to Grimmauld Place to await any news."

"Oh my goodness, of course! Is he okay? Do you know anything about it?!" Lacey replied, fully awake and jumping out of her bed, slipping on her slippers.

"All I know is he was attacked, Ms

"All I know is he was attacked, Ms. Lupin, you'll find out the rest once you're out of the castle."

They walked swiftly down to Dumbledores office, Lacey secretly wishing she wore different pyjamas to bed seeing as she was freezing cold, but needed to make sure her 'family' was okay.

After a few minutes she stumbled into Professor Dumbledores office and looked into the four Weasley children's sad faces

After a few minutes she stumbled into Professor Dumbledores office and looked into the four Weasley children's sad faces. Her eyes started to tear up at how upset they were and the tear streaks down Ginny's beautiful face. She opened her arms up and all four of them hugged her tightly, Fred lingering, not wanting to let her go because she was the only thing that made him have hope.

"When are we leaving?" Lacey asked.

"We're just waiting for Sirius to get back to us, then we're going to Grimmauld Place to wait," Fred replied, letting her go.

Lacey pulled his warm body back to hers and held on tightly. She remembered how she felt when she lost her mum and how badly she needed him. She would be there for him, just as he was for her.

They waited in silence while Dumbledore got the Portkey ready for their descent. Fred shrugged off his robe and put it around Lacey's shoulders once he realized she was shivering (and to keep his brothers from staring at her while she was half naked.)

Lacey sent Fred a sweet smile and kissed his hand lightly to thank him

Lacey sent Fred a sweet smile and kissed his hand lightly to thank him. What she didn't know was that the exact spot her lips touched were now on fire and warming Fred's heart. He kept his hand in hers and squeezed it, giving her a small smile back.

"Okay, everyone hold on." Dumbledore said, breaking the silence.

Once they reached Grimmauld Place, Fred took Lacey's hand again and led her to one of the armchairs. He sat down and pulled her into his lap softly so he could just hug her.

George, Ron and Ginny day down on the couch and Harry took the opposite armchair. George smiled at the pair, momentarily forgetting that his dad was in critical condition.

"What happened?" Sirius asked Harry.

Harry explained what he had seen to both Sirius and Lacey since she didn't know. Once he was finished Lacey could tell that Fred was crying and hiding his face in the robe she was wearing. She gently lifted his chin so she could look him in the eyes.

"He's going to be okay, Freddie," she said quietly to him, running her hands through his hair and wiping the tear from his cheek.

Lacey didn't know what came over her. She knew this was a terrible idea and an even worse time, but she couldn't help it. She hated seeing him so upset, so she did the one thing she thought would make him feel better, or at the very least, make him forget for a moment. She kissed him. In front of half his siblings, Harry and Sirius, in the middle of the living room while she was sitting on his lap. She kissed him.

At first he didn't moved, but sure enough, he kissed her back. Gentle kisses that just told the pair they needed each other more than they ever realized. That if soul mates or twin flames were real, that's what they were to each other.

When they pulled apart he covered his face in her hair, his arms tightly around her waist pulling her to him. She put her head on his and ran her fingers through his hair again.

"I love you so much," Fred said quietly, a small sob coming out with it.

"I know, I love you too, more than anything. I'm so sorry.. He will be okay Freddie. Everything will be okay. He's so strong, and he has you guys to come home to. Get some rest, I'll stay right here," Lacey whispered into his ear.

Despite being in front of other people, the moment they shared was very private. Lacey took off the robe so she could cover the two of them in it while they slept.