CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

We were back to walking again. "This should give us a good idea of what's around here" Katara said as we looked at a bulletin board.

  "See if you can find a menu, I'm starving." Sokka said shaking the bag that once contained food.

   "I bet we'll find something here!" Aang pointed to the board. "The fire day festival. Fire Nation cultural exhibits, jugglers, vendors, magician! This would be a great place for me to study some real firebenders."

   "You might want to rethink that." I said as I looked at the wanted posters.

I took down the wanted poste of myself and read it more closely. Waterbender helping Avatar and Prince Zuko. High paying reward to be turned in dead or alive. "Now I'm a wanted fugitive. Why don't you and Katara have a poster?" I asked Sokka.

   "Hey, a poster of me!" Aang said taking it.

   "A wanted poster." Sokka corrected. "This is bad."

   "I think we better keep moving." Katara suggested.

   "I have to learn firebending at some point and this could be my only chance to watch a master up close." Aang said.

   "Yeah and who knows, Mirai might be here and then she can help us like her grandfather told her too." I said sarcastically.

   "I guess we could go check it out." Katara said and looked at me. "She ran away from us, she isn't the only firebender in the world."

   "What?!" Sokka asked. "You two actually wanna walk into a Fire Nation town where they're all fired up with all their, you know..fire."

   "There's this thing called disguises." I pulled on Katara and Aang followed.

   "And if it looks like trouble, we'll leave." Katara added.

   "Yeah, because we always leave before we get into trouble." Sokka muttered.

   We got in our disguises and continued to walk until we got on a hill looking over the village. Appa and Momo wanted to come but Aang told them to stay hidden which Momo hid in the bush and Appa hid behind it.
   We put of the hoods of our black cloaks except for Aang who just pulled his small top over his head.

   "It's like you're a whole different person." Sokka sarcastically said.

   Katara and I chuckled but we followed Aang down to the village. We looked at the shops and started to take notice that mostly everyone was wearing a mask.

   "I think we need some new disguises." Katara said.

   "Where are we gonna get masks like that?" Sokka asked.

   "Get your genuine fire day festival masks here!" A vendor announced.

   "There." I pointed and we ran over getting masks.

   I got one that only covered half my face and that was the upper half. Katara had a blue one.
   Sokka had a happy one and Aang had a sad one so Katara switched them. We walked in and Aang pointed out a food stand.

   "What do you have?" Sokka asked.

   "Flaming fire flakes." The vendor replied. "Best in town."

   "I'll take em." Sokka stuffed his face and got burned.

  "It literally says it in the name!" I yelled at him. "Flaming fire flakes."

   "Hey, look at this!" Aang said and we walked over to watch a puppet show. It was about the Firelord and when he burned an earthbender the crowd cheered.