chapter 22

Five years later....

Life changing moments.That one second or one minute that changes your whole life. Your life becomes a rollercoaster and you don't understand if it's going up or is it going down. For me that life changing moment was when I heard two beautiful babies cry and I saw Conrad's face soaked with happy tears. When I'd just gone through unbearable pain because I knew the result would enlighten my world.

Enlightenment of my world. Seems like such a petty reason to go through so much pain. Nine months to be exact. I'd been through lot of difficult times then but I learned that it's not the change in circumstances that eases the pain but the people who help you through it.

When we heard that we were having twins, I and Conrad had freaked out. We weren't sad that we were having two kids but we were scared if we won't be able to handle the parenting. But now, after five prolonged years of happiness, I can say that we weren't doing a bad job.

Whenever someone pulls my t-shirt and says 'Mommy' or whenever they do the same to Con and say 'Daddy', the surge of happiness is nothing compared the temporary pain I'd been through.

"Hey",someone said as they came from behind. Conrad wrapped his arms around me and inhaled softly. "I don't get you enough since their arrival."

"Are you jealous of your own kids?", I joked.

"Yes. Come on let's go upstairs."

"But the kids Con."

"Aiden, Anna, will you be okay by yourself?',Conrad called to the kids.

"Yes daddy", they chirped.

"See they're playing. They'll be fine",he said to me.

"Okay...."

Conrad closed the door of our bedroom and turned to me. I hooked my arms around Con's neck and said,"So what do you wanna talk about?"

"Let's see",he said wrapping his arms around my waist. "Anna told me not to tell you that she told me that you are planning a surprise birthday party this Saturday for me. Oh and she also told me to be dressed up by seven because it would be suspicious if I was dressed since five. So tell me Mrs.Fisher, when should I be dressed and should I cry when everyone yells 'Surprise!' or should I just act surprised",he said with his stupid smirk on his face.

"Shut up", I said shoving his shoulder. "It was supposed to be a surprise", I frowned.

"Well you told the wrong kid",he laughed.

"Yeah, should've told Aiden instead."

"Anyways....",Conrad said leaning in to kiss me. He picked me up and placed me on the bed,climbing on top of me. He kissed me again with one arm on my waist and the other supporting his weight. I had my fingers tangled in his hair.

The door flew open and the two angry kids came inside. Conrad jumped off me.

"He bvoke the vase",Anna screamed. "No I didn't. She didn't pass it covetly",Aiden defended himself.

Conrad's face was red as he mumbled,"Remind me to lock the door next time." I chuckled and grabbed Anna in my arms while Conrad did the same to Aiden.

"Alright you too",Con chuckled. "Spill."

"Aiden bvoke the vase mommy",Anna complained.

"I didn't not daddy. She didn't pass it in the vite way",Aiden said. After five years of hearing then talk, we'd finnaly gotten used to their baby talk.

"Wait so there's a broken vase?",Con asked.

Both of then nodded. "Well whoever it was will be punished. I don't think cookie monster would like to give him or her a cookie before bed",Conrad said.