CHAPTER 26

~~~

"We're going penguin sledding!" A boy called as Sokka and Katara followed. I started following but the boy stopped me. "You can't come."

"Yes I can." I said standing up, he laughed in my face.

"Kaida, you're afraid of everything." The boy said. "Why would you even want to come to cry about it!"

My small lip quivered but I kept eye contact. "Aww did I make the baby cry?" Tears pricked at my eyes. "Go home." He shoved me down.

"Don't touch my sister!" Sokka tackled the boy down. "If she wants to come she can come!" The boy apologized and ran away.

Sokka helped me up and I followed him, we neared the penguins and I stopped still holding his hand.

"It's okay, Kaida." Sokka smiled and I smiled back. "Remember what mom always tells you."

"My fears make me stronger!" I said and we walked over. Sokka got a penguin and I copied his moves getting on and we slid down a hill, the biggest smile on my face.

~~~

That morning we went out, Sokka was fishing in the river and Katara and I were practising our waterbending. While Jeong Jeong was teaching Aang.

"What do I do now?" Aang asked.

"Silence! Talking is not concentrating!" Jeong Jeong yelled at the boy. "Look at your friends do you see them talking?"
I looked up from the shaky bubble I had. "Even that Oaf knows to concentrate on what he's doing!"

"Hey!" Sokka said and I chuckled.

Jeong Jeong told Aang to concentrate and my siblings and I laughed at Aang but stopped when he looked over.
They soon left and I looked at the water. I inhaled closing my eyes and exhaled freezing the water.

"I'm going on a walk." I said and left my siblings.

I walked down the river and found a good spot. I inhaled deeply and calmly before bending the water. I watched it start forming into something, again it looked like a snake-like creature. I concentrated harder the water began to shake in my hands. I closed my eyes and inhaled again. I could feel the water freezing.
My fears make me stronger.
I opened my eyes and saw there was a head, a dragon head with glowing blue eyes before anything else showed up I heard a scream.

"Katara?!" I called out and used the water freezing it and made it back to the campsite, she was crouched down crying. "Katara?"

"What did you do?!" Sokka asked.

"It-It was an accident!" Aang spoke quickly. "I-was, Katara I'm so sorry-!"

Sokka tackled Aang down. "I told you! You shouldn't mess around with this!" He yelled and I didn't feel bad as I sat trying to comfort Katara. "Now look what you did! You burned my sister!"

Katara got up running and I ran after her. "Katara wait, slow dow!" We stopped. "Katara, put them in the water to cool down and ease the pain." She looked at her hands and did it she winced but then relaxed.
We watched as her hands began to glow. She pulled them out and it was amazing. "They're gone.." I said and she looked at me.

"You try." She said and I looked at my wrist.

I unwrapped the bandage and removed the splint. I tried turning my wrist but it still hurt. "Still broken." I said before dipping it into the water and I started healing it when I pulled it out the bruising and swelling was completely gone.
   "What just happened?" I asked moving my uninjured wrist.

"You two have healing abilities." We heard Jeong Jeong say. "The great benders of the Water Tribe sometimes have this ability."
He sat next to us. "I've always wished I was blessed like you, free from this burning curse."

"But you're a great master." Katara said. "You have powers we'll never know."

"Water brings healing and life." Jeong Jeong said. "But fire brings only destruction and pain. It forces those of us burden of it's care to walk a razors edge between humanity and savagery. Eventually we're torn apart."

When he said that Zuko flashed through my mind, his scar, the day he had an Agni Kai against Zhao. Shots of fire brought me back, we were almost hit but Jeong Jeong stopped it.

"Go get your friends and flee!" Jeong Jeong yelled at us and Katara started running. "Do not come back here or you will all be destroyed! Hurry!"

I looked back and frozed walls of ice using the water before following Katara. I glance back and saw it was Zhao.
We made it back to Sokka who was getting Appa ready.

"Katara! Are you all right?!" Sokka asked.

"I'm fine. We gotta get out of here, where's Aang?" she asked and ran down to find him.

"Is Katara really okay?" Sokka asked and I nodded.

"We have healing abilities." I told him and showed him my once broken wrist. "But we have to go now, Zhao and his soilders are attacking."

   "Let's go." Sokka got on Appa.

   "Where is he now?" I asked.

   "We have to go back, he went to help Jeong Jeong." She looked at me and pulled me onto Appa.

We found Aang and saw what he did to Zhao's ships. He asked us about Jeong Jeong and Sokka told him they disappeared. They all just disappeared.

"Aang, you're burned." Katara said "Let me help you."

"Told ya." I smiled nudging Sokka as she healed Aang's burn.

"When did you guys learn how to heal?" Sokka asked.

"I guess I always knew." Katara said.

"Oh well, then thanks for the all first aid over the years." Sokka started. "Like when I fell into the grease fire ramble and that time I had TWO FISH HOOKS IN MY THUMB."

"Two?" Aang asked.

"Wise guy over here tried to get the first fish hook out with another fish hook." I told him and Sokka continued to ramble.

•••

Our next detour was the Northern Air Temple. Someone told us a story and well they said there were still Air Walkers there but in reality it was just a bunch of people who created their own flying contraptions.
Aang was jealous in the beginning or he just really missed his people either way he didn't like the thought of these people pretending to be airbenders.
We met Teo a boy who used a wheel chair but he was always happy. His father is the Mechanist at least that's what he wanted us to call him. He created lots on neat things but Aang was still mad that they ruined an Air Temple.
Katara and I were taught how to air glide, I had to admit we were scared at first but we over came the fear with my mother's saying and jumped learning how to glide. It was actually quiet thrilling and fun.
Aang grew to like Teo and said he would open up a locked room that the young boy so badly wanted to see. That's when we found out that the mechanist was making weapons and working for Fire Nation but only because it was so he and his son could be okay.
We convinced him to stop making their weapons and we would help them so we took out an army of Fire Nation with a war balloon that Sokka proudly help design. It was a struggle but we managed to knock the tanks down the ditch and they caused a gas explosion. This helped us and the people thanked us and we were back to traveling.

--------------
   Two chapters in one, not really since it's a brief description of the Norther Air Temple episode.
THANK YOU FOR 2K READS!!

Edited; 10/29/20
Re-Edited; 7/9/21