chapter 31 | Plaintive

•••

2 pm.

The bus driving us to the mall, I stand before my little baby while she's listening to some music with my earpods, keeping her against the wall and holding onto a bar. She lifts one of her legs up to tug on her flat thigh-high boots, but once she straightens up, I fix her white beanie. I grasp her attention instantly. I'm a bit mad at her because of the clothes she's wearing, her hoodie dress or whatever this is supposed to be called, is not enough with this weather, even if she wears something that looks like a baby onesie underneath, I don't even know what that thing is either, but that's not enough. I'm pretty sure she's cold right now.

The lollipop that she has in her mouth constantly taps into her teeth as she cannot stop moving it inside. Since she's looking at my lips, I give a little chuck on her cheek with my finger, getting her to stop the music she has in her ears. "What?"

"Stop doing that," I make a little movement upward with my head while staring at her mouth, before looking back into her eyes. "You're going to break your teeth," I use a false pretext to not let her know about the real reason of my worry.

She shakes her head and continues like a little brat. I show some more authority and approach my face from hers, taking her aback and causing her to open her eyes even more, in a cute manner. "Do not oblige me to get it out," I give her a piercing stare to make sure this will maybe simmer her down and stop.

She grins at me. "I dare you," the tip of her nose touches mine as she came closer. "Daddy," she uses the forbidden word in public, making me lose my mind for a second. "Do not say that in here, y/n."

"Then let me eat my lollipop, or I throw it at your face," she dares to respond. "You would never dare to do that."

She closes her mouth to lick it. "You're right, I wouldn't," she leans back on the wall but pushes her lollipop back and forth over her tongue, not caring about what I said. I sigh but do not give in. "Y/n," I keep my voice as low as possible but employ the perfect tone to make her understand I'm not joking anymore. "You could choke on it, stop."

She shakes her head, still looking adorable no matter how irritating she is at this right moment. I tighten my grip on the bar of the bus to control myself. I push my inner cheek with my tongue and glance away. She has no idea how worried I get because of this candy. What happened some time ago because of that same lollipop that a kid was eating next to me literally haunts my head and makes it hard to let her eat this unnecessary and unneeded snack.

"We're there," she steps aside to walk to the doors. Once they open, I get off the bus but grab y/n's wrist and take her aside to be alone together. "Y/n. I already let you leave the house with just your ridiculous hoodie on, so now, you throw that lollipop out before I seriously get mad."

"I'm not a baby anymore. You can let me eat this th—"

"Last time I tell you, y/n. Either you throw this out, or you wear my coat," I do not submit to her whim. She glares at me, and for god's sake, throws this useless lollipop out. "Are you happy?"

I take my coat off without saying anything, but she reacts almost instantly. "Do not even think about making me wear it," she points her finger at me, but I step forth and grip her arm to yank her towards me and enwrap her body with the warm clothing, making her grumble. "You're gonna be cold, Jungkook!"

I pass her arms through the sleeves and put it properly on her. This is way too large, but I don't care, at least, this will keep her even more warm. "Jungkook!" she insists out of frustration, noticing this is not getting to me.