Locker Room

Brendon was walking through the school nervously. He was finally gonna try and take the next step in his relationship and honestly it was making him a little nauseous. The only thing now was finding out where Ryan was. He flinched his phone vibrated in his pocket. He let out a small sigh and looked at the notification.

Ryan: I just finished up some morning conditioning can you come to the locker room?

Brendon wasn't sure if his heart stopped or his breathing quickened. All he knew was that there was a feel of dread filling his body. He nervously headed to the locker room, dragging his feet the whole way. Too soon for his liking, he was at the entrance of the locker room.

His heart was slamming inside his chest, throat dry, and hands clammy. He never had a reason to go back in there after the incident with Calum and he was all to happy to stay away from that place. Now, Ryan wanted him to go back inside. He must be crazy.

Brendon: I'll wait till you get out

Ryan: you're not gonna come in?

Brendon: no I can wait

Brendon was shifting his weight nervously back and forth. It wasn't long before Ryan stood at the entrance, shirt off and hair dripping like he just finished showering.

"Hey," he said with a smile. Brendon looked down with a blush.

"Hi," he whispered back, shyly. "So uh, I need to talk to you about something."

"Really? Cause there's actually something I need to talk to you about."

"What is it?"

"No you first," Ryan said, poking Brendon's side.

"Hey, what are you two doing? Class is gonna start." The pair looked over to see the pe teacher talking with another teacher on the other side of the gym.

"Sorry coach. We'll leave soon," Ryan shouted. He turned back to Brendon. "Come on. We can talk while I get my things." Ryan moved to go back into the locker room, Brendon not moving.

"Ryan," Brendon whispered in a shaky voice. When the boy turned back around, he immediately noticed how badly Brendon was trembling just at the thought of going into the locker room.

"Hey, hey. It's alright." Ryan grabbed his hands, pulling him close. "You're safe. Nothing can hurt you in there anymore." Brendon pressed his face into Ryan's chest, not caring that the other didn't have on a shirt. Ryan kissed his head, whispering soft reassurances until Brendon had calmed down.

"Are you okay to go in? I won't force you." Brendon looked up at Ryan, seeing nothing but warmth and concern in his eyes. Hesitantly he nodded, squeezing Ryan's hands. Ryan waited a moment before slowly leading Brendon into the locker room, making sure to keep him close.

Brendon looked around, memories for the last encounter in the room flooding back. He shut his eyes, blindly trusting Ryan to make sure he didn't hit anything. Soon, the two were seated on a bench in front of Ryan's locker.

"Brendon," Ryan murmured. He brushed a lock of Brendon's hair behind his ear, making sure his touch was nothing but soothing. "How are you feeling?" Brendon took in an uneven breath.

"I'm f-fine." Ryan placed his hand under Brendon's chin, tilting it back so when he opened his eyes, he could be staring into Ryan's eyes.

"He's not here. He can't hurt you anymore. I won't let him." Brendon bit his lip to keep it from quivering. His eyes shifted over to the bathroom stall him and Calum were in over a year ago. He remembered how stupid and hurt he felt because of one man's cruelty.

"It's just me and you," Ryan caught Brendon's attention again. "And I promise I won't hurt you."

Brendon nodded, not confident that he could speak clearly. Ryan's eyes flicked down at his lips then back up. Their hearts slowly sped up with anticipation. Brendon noticed how the other was slowly leaning in, trying to close their already small distance. For the first time, Brendon felt fear gripping his throat when he saw Ryan's intentions. He knew he didn't need to act this way, but he couldn't help the feeling he got while in the room.

"Do you trust me?" Ryan whispered, breath brushing against the other's lips. Brendon almost scoffed. Of course he trusted Ryan. He trust him more than he should and it was sure to get him in trouble. The thought was comforting enough.

"Yeah." Ryan smiled and closed the gap between their lips. They moved in sync, Brendon being the one to deepen the kiss. Having Ryan against him, arms now wrapping around each other, Brendon felt his worries melting away.

He knew nothing could happen when Ryan was there. It almost like his own personal body guard that he could cuddle with need be. He almost forgot the whole reason he wanted to talk to Ryan that morning.

Almost.

Ryan pulled away first, forehead pressed against Brendon's. They were panting slowly, adrenaline spiked over the little kiss. Brendon felt his head buzzing with everything he'd been holding inside. He just wanted to know where their relationship was going. He didn't open his eyes, too anxious to see Ryan's reaction as he asked,

"How do you feel about me?"

---

A/N:

Y'all it's my sister's birthday! She's growing up so fast 😭

also Dare is gonna be ending soon so be prepared...