Oikawa hate????

Ok. I like to view myself as an extremely open-minded person and I get that people have different opinions on different characters but i came across something recently that seriously bothered me. It. Bothered. Me. There was this post where someone threw their Oikawa plushy into a toilet. And had the guts to post it, thinking its absolutely ok to do that. Like first of all, you probably paid for that. Why pay if you're going to treat it like that. Like what r u trying to prove by posting that? Secondly, and this isn't just about the post but about oikawa haters in general. It's to the point where I can't even tell if you're just saying all this for fun or because you genuinely hate him. There's always been a lot of hate towards Oikawa and I've tolerated it for years but I am so, so sick of this mischaracterization of him.

Let me just start of saying that Oikawa Tooru is not some pathetic, pitiful, whiny brat who cries all the time. Actually, he doesn't even cry all that much so i have no idea where the thought even came from. The majority of the fandom takes him at face value and doesn't dig deeper and tries to understand his real personality. People are twisting his character into something he isn't.

Oikawa may as well be the most dedicated, hard working character in haikyuu. He is the most humanly flawed character in the franchise and you can't convince me otherwise. He is a strong person who is so devoted to the sport he loves that he worked his knee into a brace. He is constantly trying to improve himself in order to ensure that his teammates can play at their best. So when people write him, perceive him as a whiny, crybaby of an asshole, it bothers me. How come people can't see that he is such an amazing, talented, smart and authentic person?

Ironically, Ushiwaka is the only one who recognizes and acknowledges his potential, value and power. This person cares deeply for his teammates. And he is most certainly a man of pride. He definetly whines, but it's never to the extent of using emotional pity to get what he wants.

People also tend to forget that this dude is incredibly intellegent. He figured out that Hinata and Tsukki were the weakest at receiving after just watching them play. He's also taking college level courses in school. To balance his hobby with this advanced schoolwork takes effort in itself.

Oikawa may not be a genius but he is a warrior. So please, for the love of god, stop diluting his character so much more than it already is.