It's Okay, You're Okay - Revali x Reader

Thank you to @WolfieQueen77 for requesting this oneshot! I hope you like it!
As most of the times, Reader is Hylian.

I didn't even know where to start. At first, me and my husband had thought that we would be having a lovely child and a new family. Joy appeared in our lives once again and I was so grateful to live so happily. Everyone was happy. So, so happy. But then, everything had went away. A new entire life had slipped away from my grasp. I had a miscarriage, and our lovely child wouldn't be able to live a life anymore. I guess Goddess Hylia had chosen this path for us, or maybe it was because my husband, Revali, is a Rito, and I am a Hylian. This occasion is very rare and it would be almost impossible to try and make a child with that information.

I was so devastated. I had tried not to become so sad over it, since there was a 15% chance for our child to live, but we had tried anyways. I had gone silent, only talking to those very close to me. Revali was disappointed as well, we had hoped for something new to appear in our lives. Even though he was sad, we had to go on with our routines. Revali would not let me become so depressed. So he forced me to eat, even though I didn't want to, and to exercise and to do the daily things I had done around the village.

Yes, we had done so much to get ready for the arrival of our baby, and it was only a few more months until the baby was born. We had so many preparations, like a little hammock and some toys to play with. We had even bought a little plush bow and arrow set. Revali chose that one especially, since when the baby was born he would teach them how to shoot a bow and every single thing he knew.

I had felt so guilty and I wish I had tried harder to make a new life to this world. It took a huge pang to my heart and I thought I would never recover. Often, my dear friends would come over and talk to me to keep me company, and to tell me that I was going to be okay. A loss is a loss, and we can never bring that loss back. It would be risky to try it all over again, and Revali had even thought of leaving me so I could have a new child with someone else.

That made me even sadder though. As much as I would have loved to have a baby, the reason I had wanted to try was because it was with Revali. He was the light of my life, and had made my days so happy when we were all champions. Everyone had to work so hard to ensure that I was going to be okay, and everything turned out to be a complete failure.

And often, I would get panic attacks just from thinking about my loss. I was broken from the thought, I thought nothing would be able to make me happier. The same thing had happened today. A panic attack.

~ 2nd person POV ~

You had just been out shopping for your favorite meal, Salmon Meunière. The shop lady had greeted you and you gave a small wave back. She also made sure everything was for free, but you declined. You didn't want to stop people from doing their own business.

As you got the goat butter from the little holder, you had a little thought that would soon be your demise.

What if my child had loved this meal, just like I love it?

That thought had went straight through your heart like a simple cut. You had to hold your breath, because you knew that the hyperventilation was soon going to come.

But you quickly put some money onto the table and ran out with the ingredients in a basket. It was a long trip up the stairs, all the while holding your breath. Your vision went blurry because of the tears clouding your eyes. You didn't want to cause a huge deal to the village, so you just fast walked. You got many stares but they knew about everything already, so they went on with their own life.

Once you saw the familiar blue cloth surrounding your whole house, you burst through the front. You found Revali tending to his Great Eagle Bow, but immediately entered defense mode when he looked to you.
He soon backed away when he saw the tears in your eyes and your cheeks inflated with the one breath you held.

"Revali!"

Once you said that, all of your feelings had poured out with every single tear that had dropped. Your breath had quickened and your head started to hurt. This is what happened when you had a panic attack. With one negative thought about the miscarriage, you would snap like a thin stick.

"Y/N-"

"The-The tho-thoughts they th-they came and I-I cant st-st-st-stop it fr-from coming!" You couldn't stop not breathing quickly. You couldn't breath out, and you froze right on the spot. The tears had come down so fast and before you knew it, you were on the floor balling your eyes out. At least you both liked your own space, and your house wasn't really near anyone.

"Please Y/N, calm down." Revali was rubbing your back and hugging you, trying to help ease your mental pain. He wasn't the very best, you knew, but you still knew he was trying his very best.

"We both knew this probably wouldn't work out, but I'll have you know that with or without a child, I still love you the same and we can still have a good life." You cried more. You just didn't listen. You were trying so hard to ease your own pain but you didn't know how.

"I hate seeing you so vulnerable..." Revali hugged you really tight while he played with little strands of your hair. This was all he could do, give you affection and some soft words and hope to Hylia you'd be okay.

Soon enough, your breathing slowed down as your husband told you lovingly things. He didn't give up on you. He didn't leave when you started this whole phase. And you were so very glad about that.

You looked at Revali again. He looked back in worry.

"Are you all better now?" He gave you a concerned look. You slowly nodded your head, unsure yourself if you were okay.

Revali took your hands and put them to your chest. You knew now that everything could probably turn out okay. Maybe one day you'll accept the fact that your child is gone, just maybe.

Please Rest In Peace.