Pierce Kralias

Pierce looked over the villagers.

"As you know, I defeated the previous strongest villager. I didn't truly come here just to fight the strongest soldier, though."

"What?" someone asked.

"I came here to spread the news of a brighter future."

"Damn, he didn't even mean to beat the strongest villager when he came here." he heard someone comment.

"I want you to join me in overthrowing Queen Altina." Pierce explained.

The villagers went completely silent and froze.

"Are you insane?" a villager asked.

Pierce shook his head.

The people who live in Vaequiles aren't happy.

No, they are all blinded by Altina's control.

Nobody in this kingdom is truly happy except the ruler herself.

"Do you really want to put up with a ruler that doesn't care for you?" Pierce added.

"What do you mean?"

"Think about it, are you really content being in control of the emperor? None of you are truly happy, are you? Even Zealorus has a caring ruler that tries his best make his royal subjects happy!"

"Zealorus is nothing but a sorry excuse for a kingdom!" a villager yelled.

Pierce sighed.

"You're all just pawns to Altina, can't you see? She'll dispose of you once you can't help her grow stronger. That's the way Vaequilian royalty has always been."

There was a short silence.

"He must be deranged." he heard someone say.

"We're no pawns. Altina would never do that." another added.

"Face the truth, Altina sees you as nothing more than tools to fuel her own strength." Pierce said, this time more firmly.

"So what is your point here?" another villager asked.

"I need you to join me in overthrowing her, so Zealorus and Vaequiles can join in order to create Czarina once again."

There was silence.

"He really must be deranged." Pierce heard a villager whisper.

"He's right, though." Pierce saw a villager stand up as they spoke. "We lack happiness, and they lack strength. Isn't it clear what we should be doing?"

Again, after a short moment, another spoke.

"Wait, who are you? How do we know you're credible for this information?" a villager suddenly asked.

Pierce took a moment to think.

He had to tell them his real name. This would mean Keith would come after him soon.

Pierce paused before he spoke.

"I'm Pierce. Pierce Kralias. I used to be a guard in Vaequiles, but after some time in Zealorus, I learned that Zealorians shouldn't be trifled with. they are people deserving of peace and respect."

Several villagers turned to each other to whisper among themselves.

"Isn't he that royal guard? He used to work under General Ladron before..."

They turned to face him.

"Even as a higher rank, you still weren't happy?" they asked him.

"I was never happy until I met a Zealorian prisoner, whom I 'helped' escape. At first I only left with her because I saw it as an opportunity for something of my own gain but... my mind changed quickly."

"Sir Kralias, I will join you." one said, standing up.

Another joined.

"I'm... fed up with her carelessness; the cold of the Vaequilian way."

"He was a royal guard... and even then he wasn't happy..."

"He's the leader of this village now, anyway. We would be rejection our tradition if we didn't follow him."

Pierce smiled.

This is the fall of Altina,

And the rise of the of Czarina.