Another Happy Landing

"Now we're really picking up speed." Anakin states. The ship is getting closer to landing.
"Wow is it hot in here? Or is it just me?" Azaylia asks no one in particular.
"Eight plus sixty...we're in the atmosphere." Obi-Wan says.
"Grab that." Azaylia points at a control stick. "Keep us level."

Azaylia could see the buildings of Coruscant by now.
"Steady." Obi-Wan mumble. R2 stirs and beeps nervously.
"Easy R2!" Anakin exclaims.
"5000. Fire ships on the left and right."
"We'll take you in." Azaylia hears a slightly muffled voice.
"Copy that." Obi-Wan nods. "Landing strip straight ahead." He points.
"We're coming in too hot." Anakin shakes his head.
"We're coming in regardless of whether we are hot or cold Anakin." Azaylia says stiffly.

She then felt a huge bump and was pushed forward as the dreadnought grinds into the ground below. She is snapped back into her seat when it finally stops. All Azaylia hears for a second is silence and heavy breathing. They all look at one other just happy to be alive.
"Another happy landing." Obi-Wan pushes back his messy hair. Azaylia laughs nervously in return.
"Yeah, happy...that's-that's the word."
>>>

"Are you coming Master?" Anakin asks as he gets out the transport that brought them back to the Senate building.
"Oh no. I'm not brave enough for politics. I have to report to the Council. Besides, someone needs to be the poster boy." Obi-Wan grins.
"Hold on. This whole operation was your idea." Anakin points at Obi-Wan.
"Let is not forget Anakin that you rescued me from the buzz droids and you killed Count Dooku and you rescued the Chancellor." Azaylia gulps nervously when Obi-Wan mentioned Dooku.
"All because of your training." Anakin states.
"Anakin, lets be fair today you were the hero and you deserve your glorious day with the politicians." Obi-Wan twiddles his fingers.
"Are we forgetting something?" Azaylia points at her. "I was the one that came up with the plan to rescue Obi-Wan from the buzz droids. And I hauled your heavy butt up that elevator shaft." She shoots a look at Obi-Wan. "That was no easy task. You need to lose some serious weight Kenobi." She shakes her head in a joking manner.
"I didn't forget about you Zayli. Chill out. And you owe me one, and not for saving your skin for the tenth time." Anakin points at Obi-Wan. "Are you coming with me Zayli?"
"Ninth time. That business on Cato Neimodia doesn't-doesn't count." He corrects him.
"Sure it doesn't..." Azaylia winks at Anakin. "And to answer your question I'm not coming with you. I sense Padmé is near. She told me she had to tell me something important. Probably about one of her meetings again..." She rolls her eyes. "Then I have to find Soreé. She'll hopefully be glad to see me again."
"Alright, I'll see you two at the briefing." Obi-Wan nods as the doors close and the transport flies away.

Azaylia spots Padmé behind a pillar. She runs over to her and gives her a hug.
"Padmé! Oh I'm so glad too see you!" Azaylia exclaims.
"Likewise Zayli." She laughs at the tightness of the women's hug. When she pulls away she smiles warmly at Azaylia.
"Now what did you want to tell me?" Azaylia asks her.
"I want to hear about your mission first! How was it?" Padmé tilts her head to the side.
"Oh well nothing too unusual. Although I'm worried for Ani...It seems that Palpatine manipulated him into killing Count Dooku when he was completely unarmed..." Azaylia bit her lip. "I'll just have to keep a good eye on him." She concludes. "Also, I had to carry a very unconscious Obi-Wan up an elevator shaft. That was...interesting." She giggles and Padmé laughs along with her.
"Ok, now tell me!" Azaylia grabbed the young women's hand and shook it. "I'm dying of anticipation!" She groans dramatically.
"Alright, but you have to promise to tell no one." Padmé says solemnly.
"Cross my heart." Azaylia promises.
"I'm...pregnant." She concludes with a grin. Azaylia squeals and jumps up and down a little.
"Padmé!! That's-That's amazing!" She whisper screams. "Have you told Anakin?" She asks.
"No not yet. I'm planning to tell him after he finishes talking."
"He'll be so happy! You know what's equally amazing?" Azaylia brings her voice down to barely audible whisper. "Our children will probably be born around the same time..." She smiles. It takes a while for Padmé to register. Once she realizes, she gasps and hits her shoulder.
"Zayli! Shut up! When did you find out?" She questions.
"Last week. I hadn't been feeling well, you know, throwing up and drowsyness and weird food cravings...which was out of the ordinary. So I took the pregnancy test and almost fainted on the bathroom floor!"
"Is Obi-Wan...?" Padmé pauses.
"I think so." Azaylia sighs. "I don't know how he'll react...I didn't tell him because he wouldn't have let me go on the mission...but Padmé how am I going to tell him?" Azaylia looks down.
"Well, you'll have to tell him soon. I'm sure he'll be happy. I know how much Obi-Wan loves you. I don't need to be Force-sensitive to sense that." Azaylia turns her head to the side.
"Oh look there's Anakin. He will be so excited! I have to go and find my Padawan. See you later Padmé!" She calls out as she runs back to the Temple.
>>>

"Master? Master! You're back!" Soreé engulfs Azaylia in a huge hug. She almost knocks her over.
"Careful Soreé! You wouldn't want to knock me over." Azaylia chuckles as she wraps her arms around the girl.
"Master I'm so glad your back and that your alive! Training has been so boring without you." Soreé pulls away from herand flashes a big smile.

Soreé Nic'tuk. Azaylia was assigned as her Master when she was nine. Obi-Wan suggested she get a Padawan since Azaylia was "so good" at teaching. So Azaylia went to the Council and they gave her Soreé. The little green Twi'lek was so shy and never liked to talk. Eventually she warmed up to Azaylia and began to at least talk with her. She was a fast learner and almost never made mistakes. Now seventeen, she went from a meek little girl to a strong, social butterfly. She impressed Azaylia on every mission they went on together with her lightsaber skills and her quick thinking.

"Well don't you worry. I'm back now...and training will resume as regular." Azaylia smiles and shakes her shoulders. "I've got to get you prepared for your solo mission somehow."
"Ugh. Don't get me wrong. Master Windu is a great teacher but...his lectures are so long and dull. Not anything like yours...yours are short and you actually get to the point." She heaves a dramatic sigh. Azaylia laughs.
"Soreé you shouldn't say such things." She mock scolds and drops her voice down. "But that doesn't mean I don't agree with you."
"Master...I'm nervous...I've had solo missions before but...none as dangerous as this." She frowns and puts her head down. Azaylia lifts the Twil'lek's chin make Soreé look at her.
"You will do fine Soreé. You've never fail to impress me every single day. Plus, you'll have Jagger and the Clones with you, so you won't be on your own. Your mission is also three weeks away...I wouldn't fret." The girl smiles sadly at her which makes Azyalia's heart twist.

Soreé was introduced to war at an early age. She went on her first mission with Azaylia at twelve and the things she saw gave her nightmares for a whole month. Soreé eventually got used to the Clone Wars and stopped having nightmares but she was still jittery on every mission.

"Aren't you going to tell me all about your mission?!" Soreé grabs Azaylia's hand excitedly, snapping out of whatever thoughts she was thinking.
"I wish I could. But I've got to find Obi-Wan. I have to tell him something very important."
"Is it about...?" Soreé eyes her stomach.
"Soreé...how did you know?" Azaylia gulps nervously.
"I had a hunch...I promise not to tell anyone Master!" Soreé quickly adds.
"You better not. No. One. I can't have anyone knowing. I could be expelled and I wouldn't be able to be your Master anymore." Azaylia states.
"Master. You trust me right?" Soreé asks.
"Of course I do." Azaylia replies slowly.
"Then you must know I would never do anything that would hurt you." Soreé smiles sweetly. "Well goodnight Master. I'll see you later!" She waves.
>>>

Azaylia is sitting on her bed nervously twiddling her thumbs around and around. She takes a deep breath and talks to Obi-Wan through the Force.
"Ben can I come over?" She asks.
"You need some company?" He asks sarcastically.
"Now's not the time. It's serious." Azaylia swallows thickly.
"Well what are you waiting for? I'm here to help you Zayli." He says sincerely.

If only he knew what she was going to say...