Chapter 12 - Barnes, huh?

The boys had left a while ago, not bothering to continue to listen to the girl talk. Though, Tony was determined to get that name. Current topic? Nails.

"No, you should get coffin shaped, it'll suit you,"

Tony let out another cry of annoyance.

"Yeah, I think you're right," Wanda takes a look at her nails again before grinning. "Tell us more about Barnes,"

"Seriously?"

Tony's eyes snap open as he tilts his head.

"I already told you about our first kiss, what more do you want?"

Tony holds in a gasp and delighted shriek. He finally got the name! But it was Barnes... seriously? The Winter soldier? It was before the whole hydra thing so...

"Anything! You guys are so cute!" You chuckle and walk to a restaurant.

"When Stevie saved Bucky from the Hydra base I was waiting, I was already crying because Colonel Philips declared that Steve was killed in action, but god, those turned into happy tears the moment I saw my two boys,"

~flashback~

"Oh, Y/n, I'm so sorry," Peggy rubbed your back as Colonel Phillips sighed in frustration.

"What the hell is going on out there?" The colonel leaves as Peggy wraps a blanket around you.

"Let's go see what happening, my darling," you sniffle and nod your head. Peggy took your shaky hand as you wrapped the blanket tighter around you. As you both followed Phillips to the gates you saw it. Your dumbass of a brother and your boyfriend marching with men behind them.

"Stevie?" Peggy let you run into your brothers arm almost tackling the super solider to the ground you couldn't help but sob into his dirty uniform. "You idiot!"

"Y/n? Why are you on site?"

"Because your dumbass went solo to a god damn Hydra base!" You smack his head as the men chuckle.

"I know, I'm sorry,"

"Don't be sorry, just don't be stupid, I can't lose my only brother," you grumble, pulling away from the hug. "And you!" You turn to Bucky who looked both happy and frightened. "You are an idiot!" You smack his head too.

"Ow! Damn you," Bucky grumbles with a slight smirk. Holding back a smile you give the Sergeant a big hug. "Not exactly the greeting I was wishing for," he mumbles into your shoulder.

"You'll get that kiss later, soldier," you whisper into his ear.

~end of flashback~

"That's adorable," Nat says with a smirk.

"It was perfect,"

"Barnes, huh?" Tony mumbles. "Good to know," suddenly Bruce walks in. The billionaire quickly shut off everything and turned to Bruce who raised a brow.

"Anything?"

"Nope, they're still talking about nails,"

"It's been an hour!" The scientist cries.

"I know, that's why I'm giving up," Banner sighs and nods. With a sly smirk on his face, Tony walks down the hall and to the kitchen to wait for you to return.

~~~

"We're home!" Nat shouts.

"Finally! What did you buy?" Clint runs to you and looks in your bag as the boys follow behind.

"Ropes, chains and belts," you say happily.

"Ok that could be taken two ways,"

"So can I..." you say quietly between a cough.

"Y/N!" Steve glares at you.

"Oh, calm down Steve, I'm only half joking," Nat and Wanda snicker as the boys all look gobsmacked. "I got you something," digging through the bag you pull out a leather jacket.

"Thanks, N/n," he takes the jacket and looks at the front to see a small version of his shield on the left pocket. "This is great," he ruffles your hair making you pout. "Now get out that damn skirt before Stark gets any ideas,"

"Too late," The Captain deadpans to Tony who holds up his hands. "Again, I'm joking, jeez,"

"I got you some candy," throwing a bag of sweets to Clint he squeals like a little girl. "Literal child," taking the rest of your bags you take your leave.

~~~

Walking down the hall you sneak to Tony's room and grin when you see the bathroom lights on. Taking off your robe you let it drop to the ground leaving you in a short skirt and top.

"Tony~" you hear the tap turn off and Stark leave the bathroom.

"Y/n?-..." he lays eyes on you and grins. "What's this, snowflake?" You shrug and strut over.

"Nothing..."

"Well it looks like something," he growls in your ear. You giggle and pull his face to face yours.

"Want it to be something?" Your raise a challenging brow making him grin and pull you closer.

~~~

Letting out a sigh of bliss you curl up next to Tony who pulled the covers over both of you. Putting a hand on his chest you feel him place a kiss on your forehead. A comfortable silence passes over until Tony speaks up.

"You love him don't you?" You look up at him with a raised brow. "Barnes,"

"W-what? Why would you ask that?" You give a nervous chuckle.

"Barnes wrote all those letters, right?"

"N-"

"You can't lie to me," you clench your jaw and sigh before lying your head on his chest.

"So what?" You mumble.

"So... I think we should stop this," you snap to him with wide eyes. "Ever since you found out he's alive you've been distant,"

"Or... I'm trying not to give my brother a reason to rip you to shreds," The billionaire rolls his eyes and runs a hand through your hair.

"I just don't want you to feel torn, and I definitely don't want to get hurt in the process if you choose," he lifts your chin so you looked at him. "If you want to keep what we have I need you to promise not to go after him,"

"Tony-"

"Promise me," you pull away from him and sit up.

"We aren't dating, Tony, you can't make this exclusive,"

"It isn't, you just can't go to him for attention," you furrow your brows.

"You can't be serious-" he gives a hard glance making you clench your jaw. "I'm not talking about this," you put on your clothes and grab your robe. "Goodnight, Stark," leaving the room quietly, Tony groans and lays back down in bed, rubbing his eyes before turning to his side.

~~~

Boop

Boop

- Anna ❤️