Chapter 17

Author's Note:

Thank you for the views and likes. I really hope you guys enjoy.

Third POV

It's the future and things are better.

You stayed with your group of friends from high school and moved on.

You were taught better things. You kept them, and you could finally feel like you felt happy. You finally felt okay.

Your POV

"You ready?" B/n/1 creeps closer to your face as you seem to faze back into reality. He holds a large grin as he says his words. Must be excited you supposed.

"Yeah," you reply smoothly with a smile. "Just thinking."

You may have been an adult but that didn't mean you didn't have any insecurities of your own. Adults were after all just kids who were putting on a brave masquerade mask.

What if you didn't win?

"There's nothing to think about." B/n/2 states, legs crossed, flicking several times at his phone screen.

"Yep, you'll be fine." G/n/2 encourages.

"I want food." B/n/3 grumbles.

"We'll get food when we're there. Just don't eat everything or else they won't invite us again." G/n/3 says, fishing out cinnamon graham goldfish crackers.

"Here," She gives the cracker bag to him. "Eat this until we get there."

"No fair!" G/n/1 cries out. "I want some."

"Here." B/n/3 passes the bag along to her, patting down his suit as crumbs fell atop of it.

"Yay!" G/n/1 chimes, taking the last one and taking a small bite.

"Can we get some food from Onigiri Miya after this?" B/n/3 asks, a pleading pout apparent on his face.

"B/n/3..." G/n/2 slowly says looking baffled. Sweat dropping and mouth wide in disbelief.

"That's all the way in Hyogo prefecture..." G/n/3 finished, sweat dropping all the same.

"Yeah but B/n/2 can have it flown in for us!" B/n/3 pleads, looking to B/n/2.

B/n/2 stares at him in wide disgust and disbelief, then sighs. He fiddles with his phone on one hand, the other hand folded into the elbow of his other arm. "Send me what you want. I'll see what I can do."

"Really?!" B/n/1 shouts, looking excitedly at B/n/2.

"Haaaaaauh. Yes." B/n/2 exhales.

"Bills on you right?" G/n/3 asks, swiftly pulling out her phone to look at the online menu.

"Yes." B/n/2 responds deadpan, looking at everyone as they took out their phones.

"Aren't you going to get something Y/n?" G/n/1 asks you, eyes piqued in interest.

"Haha." You laugh lightly. "I think I might throw up if I think about food right now."

You voice dreads out as your throat clenches, and your stomach performs fluttering motions to your guts.

"Okay maybe not order right now!" B/n/1 says, putting away his phone. "We're almost there anyway."

You stop at an abrupt pull of the limo, and see the door open on B/n/2's right.

"First before we go in. If you need something text me, don't make a fool out of me in front of the other entrepreneur's, and don't do anything stupid." B/n/2 lists.

"Yeah, yeah." G/n/3 brushes off. "The usual."

Everyone steps out of the limo with B/n/3 lagging behind complaining about something like not getting all the food he wanted, as G/n/2 pulls him out.

"The poker tournament should be located on the lower floors. I'll come with you." B/n/1 whispers in your ear as you all enter inside the luxurious hotel.

Gold plated poles surround the corners of the building, red velvet, soft-to-the-touch wallpaper plastered on, and a smooth marble floor give it the rich and ethereal vibe you were not ready for.

This is where you would be performing. Not exactly here, but in this building.

The focus of the room is a large, beautiful crystal chandelier with crystals dangling from the ends of the clear chains.

"Wow," G/n/1 awes. "I'll never stop getting amazed when entering the lobby." She circles around the place a few times.

"The food here is also great." B/n/3 adds.

"I'm excited about the swimming pool." G/n/3 states, pulling in B/n/3 by the arm as he continues to look at his phone.

"B/n/1, and Y/n head downstairs to the poker tournament, I'll send B/n/1 the code phrase and password." B/n/2 turns around as we circle around him, waiting to here his words.

"Everyone else, try not to ruin anything while we're here." B/n/2 commands, stepping out of the circle and naturally stepping in to greet someone.

"C'mon lets go." B/n/1 links your two arms together as you step into the elevator.

You see about 50 buttons all leading to a different floor. 50 going up...

"I thought we were going down." You whisper to B/n/1, looking warily all around you.

"We are. Just follow my lead." He says.

B/n/1 pushes the button to the third floor, and we head up, thick, metal doors closing before we elevate.

"Y/n has a straight!" B/n/1 turns to B/n/2, "B/n/2 also has a straight!"

"Wow. Definitely not the best hand B/n/2 has gotten but dang look at Y/n. Is this beginners luck?" B/n/3 states dramatically.

"Wouldn't know, never had it." G/n/1 responds.

"With a 10 of spades, queen of diamonds, 9 of clovers, 8 of spades, jack of hearts: B/n/2 wins." B/n/1 announces.

"Oof. So close." B/n/3 says. "Its the card hierarchy."

You both had gotten a straight, but B/n/2's value of cards made a higher set than yours.

You had been so close. Now you lost about 300 hundreds worth of dollars.

"Awe it's okay Y/n. You'll do better next time." G/n/1 coos, patting your shoulder.

"Oh well would you look at the time? It's 9:35, time to go--"

Everyone else leaves but B/n/2.

"Are you coming?" B/n/1 turns back to B/n/2.

"I'll be out in a little bit." B/n/2 responds blankly before looking back at you.

"Y/n I want to talk about you and your skills."

"What skills?" You're genuinely confused. Skills? What skills? If he's talking about games like these he's only seen you play two times! There's no way he can immediately tell you're "talented" for such things right off.

"It's a bit too early to say but I believe I can make great use of your assets." He sighs out, contemplating right after by the way his eyes downcast onto the floor. 

"I've only played two games, it doesn't mean I'll be devastatingly talented at whatever you're going to put me against." You add onto what he said. 

There's no way you can reach B/n/2 expectations. And discreetly, you'd rather stay where you are, where you're most comfortable. 

"No. That doesn't matter. Skills are built, talent is born but it doesn't compare to any time and experience put in skill." B/n/2 shakes his head. 

"If you join me, I'll make you the best." 

The best?