chapter twenty-two

Emily

I don't know what I'm going to expect when I see Harry, or when he sees me. I'm close to certain that he wanted me here, or at least wanted someone here, but I'm scared he's not going to be happy that I showed up out of nowhere. He could already have someone over for all I know. But what if he sends me back? What if there is someone already here? Unfortunately for me, it's too late to turn around because I'm already on the doorstep to his truly magnificent home.

After last night, I was surprised I had even been able to get a plane ticket at such late notice. I was even more surprise that Molly had been able to book one for early in the morning.

I ended up having to call Niall and ask for the code for Harry's gate. As soon as he answered I was able to tell he didn't sound as upset as Harry, but I soon realised it was because Molly was already with him. They had had a long conversation together, mostly of Molly telling him everything would be alright, kind of like what she did to me. Because as soon as Niall told me Molly was here, all my thoughts began tumbling from my mouth and Molly had to spend five minutes reassuring me that everything would be ok and that I needed to get inside and be there for Harry.

So here I was, standing on Harry's doorstep, after an hour and a half plane trip of second guessing everything, gripping onto my small suitcase for dear life. I don't know how long I was planning on staying here. Whether it be a day or a week, I was going to be here for however long Harry needed me. I'd packed most of the essentials for at least 3 days, and if worst got to worst, I figured I could just go out and buy whatever else I needed.

I pushed all my thoughts to the back of my mind and before I could overthink anything else, I knocked on Harry's front door. My fingers quickly found my ring as soon as I'd knocked and began twisting at it madly.

I didn't have to wait long for the door to be opened and I was met with Harry straight away.

He looked dreadful.

There were dark bags underneath his red and puffy eyes. His usual bright and happy eyes were replaced with sadness and exhaustion. His hair was a mess and he had a small stubble going on as though he hadn't shaved in a few days.

"Em?" He breathed out. Instead of saying anything I outstretched my arms to him. He instantly crashed into me and buried his head into my neck. I wrapped my arms around him tightly while one of my hands soothingly rubbed his back and the other laced through his hair. He let out a shaky breath against my neck before his arms winded around my waist and pulled me against him.

I ignored the rapid beating of my heart, not allowing myself to get lost in this feeling. I came here because Harry needed me, not the other way around.

I felt a warm tear fall onto my neck and I didn't stop myself from pulling Harry closer towards me. 

"Everything will be ok" I cooed to him. He pulled away but kept his arms sitting comfortably on my waist. 

"Is it wrong that I feel like this" He choked out.

"No Harry. You have every right to feel like this. All of you do. You've been through so much together" I told him honestly. Another tear rolled down his cheek and I quickly brought my thumb up to catch it. I continued to run my fingers through his hair in comfort. 

His green eyes bored into mine and it was now that I realised just how much I missed them.

With each soothing rub of my thumb against his cheek and fingers threading through his hair, he looked like he was relaxing more and more. 

He pulled me back against him and sat his forehead against my shoulder. My hand returned to his back whilst my other continued to lace through his locks.