Chapter 13 - Snickers

Making your morning coffee you leaned against the counter as Tony walked in along with Nat. Quickly taking your mug you shoved passed Tony.

"Y/n-" slamming your bedroom door Tony groans.

"What did you do?"

"Nothing! We just had a small disagreement, that's all," Stark pours himself a coffee and downs it.

"Of what?"

"Barnes," Tony grumbles quietly. Nat raises a brow. "Yeah, I know about him and miss Rogers,"

"How?"

"Stark tech," he pulls out the small bug. Nat rolls her eyes. "I just said she can't see him... she can see anyone but him,"

"Seriously, Tony?"

"What?! You're on her side?" Nat shakes her head and sip at her own coffee.

"I'm not on anyone's side, but you know their history, you can't just ask that from her especially when, A, she just got him back and B, they have a long history,"

"He killed my parents," Tony growls and pours more coffee.

"Under Hydras control, I thought you forgave him?" Tony downs the rest of his coffee.

"Some things can't be forgiven, Romanoff," Tony leaves his empty mug on the counter and goes to the elevator, most likely going to his lab.

~~~

Scrolling mindlessly though your phone you hear a knock at your door.

"Come in!" The door opens slightly to reveal Bucky standing there awkwardly. "Hey, Bucky, what's up?"

"Hey, I just wanted to ask if you would like to come with me to the supermarket?" You tilt your head and smile.

"Sure, but why don't you ask Friday to add it to the shopping list?"

"I prefer doing it myself," giving a nod you stand up and walk to your closet. "I would ask Steve but he's a little busy,"

"That's fine," taking out jeans and jumper you walk to the bathroom and quickly change. "Shall we?" You put on some sneakers and grab your purse.

~~~

Aimlessly walking the aisles of the supermarket you look high and low for anything worth while. Coming across the candy aisle you scan the chocolate bar section and lay eyes on a certain candy bar.

Snickers

With wide eyes you grab a few and put them in your basket. Getting back to Bucky you saw him looking at plums.

"Got enough?" You gesture to the big bag of plums.

"Maybe just one more?" You chuckle as he places in one more plum in the bag.

"I'll meet you outside," he nods as you go to pay.

~~~

Entering the living room you let Bucky put away his plums. Taking out the snicker bar you tap his shoulder making him turn around. You hold up the candy bar.

"Snickers?-... I've heard of that before..." you grin and open up the candy bar.

"It was your favourite, and hopefully still is?" He smiles and takes the candy bar to his mouth and takes a bite. "I'm guessing it still is?" You smirk as he takes another bite.

"The packaging has changed,"

"Well it's been a few decades, Buck,"

"Always the sassy one, doll," you widen your eyes making him realise. "Oh, I'm sorry-"

"No, that's ok!" You quickly say. "It's... it's nice to hear you call me that again," you mumble bashfully. He smiles and hands you a plum.

"In exchange for the rest?" He points to the bag of sweets.

"No way, you only get one," you hide the bag behind your back, backing up slightly.

"That's no fair,"

"Life ain't fair, soldier," he gives a challenging glare as he corners you against the counter. "Sorry, but it seems our time is up," you point to the non existent clock making him look. Ducking under his arm you run down the hall and to your room.

"Y/n!" He runs after you quickly, stopping the door from closing. "Give me the candy!"

"Give up! You aren't getting it!" Sending a wave of ice on the top of his fingers he yelps, give you enough time to run to the bathroom.

"Not so fast," he pulls you back by the waist making you squeal. "Give me the candy, Doll," you shake your head with a giggle, holding the bag far away.

"I bought it!"

"Don't think I don't remember you saying you hate them," he counters making you pout. "Don't frown because I'm right," holding back a smile you finally notice how close you two were. His hands around your waist, one hand reaching out for the bag of candy as the other held you from running away.

"Ehem," you both turn to the door where Tony was standing, holding back a scowl. "Sorry, didn't know I was interrupting a moment..." he trails off, looking at you with a subtle glare.

"No, no, not at all, Stark," Tony hums at Bucky.

"Right, well, just wanted ask what you were craving for dinner considering Barton wants takeout,"

"I think Pizza will do?" You look to Bucky who nods in agreement.

"Pizza it is," Tony give one last glance before leaving.

~~~

"Did you get snickers?" Nat suddenly asks while everyone was taking a slice of Pizza.

"Oh, yeah,"

"But you hate snickers," your brother says with a confused face.

"But Bucky doesn't," you say with a smile as Bucky rolls his eyes. "Good surprise considering he hasn't had any in decades,"

"I remember how happy you were when you first bought one," Steve grins but drops when Bucky adds onto the memory.

"And how mad you were when you couldn't eat any because Y/n was worried you'd get sick," you stifle a laugh as your brother turns to you.

"Haven't forgiven you for that,"

"Ask Bucky for a bar if you're so desperate," you say teasingly.

"Over my dead body," the winter soldier adds. "Those are mine,"

"Not fair," Cap frowns and glares at his best friend.

"You boys are children,"

~~~

It's all good vibes here bby

- Anna ❤️