Chapter 18

Fool me once

You three stayed on the ground, shocked at what had happened. "(Y/N)?" Akari flew over to you. "I'm alright.." You walked over to Link and helped him get up.

Akari grabbed all of the queen's energy for Zelda's cowardly soldiers to quickly arrest her. "See me back at the castle." Zelda said coldly to you. You nodded. Turning to Akari, you reached your hand. She gave you back all of your power.

~

At Hyrule castle, Akari went back to you. "Stay here..I'll be right back." You told Link, who was next to you. Going into Zelda's office, you got scolded. "Not even a week passes and this happens! I don't have the best soldiers in the world, (Y/N)!"

"Y-Yes..I understand.."

Link leaned on the door to hear. "I could help a lot more now that I got-"

"No. You don't understand. Please.." Zelda looked away.

Walking out of the office, Link was waiting. "Let's go."

You and Link walked out of the castle, ready to teleport. Several soldiers appeared to surround you. Zelda was with them. "Where were you two going?" She asked. You and Link stayed quiet. "I asked!"

"We were going to spy on the village to watch our backs.." You told her. "You two are our best! Leave spying to the spies! We need you two on separate places, they are close..!"

"Princess Zelda! Be calm, this isn't you!" Link shouted. Soldiers pulled you away from Link, as Zelda pulled out the light bow and arrow.

"Link!!"

"You will obey my commands!" She said. "Akari..." You whispered. You planned on using your bow but instead, Akari flew through Zelda's body, not coming out.

"Akari?"

Zelda blinked several times. "Princess! What's wrong?!" The soldiers worried. "Nothing. Please...let them go. Be ready at your positions now!" She said.

Once the soldier's left, Zelda smiled. "Guys! It's me! Akari!"

"What do we do?" Link asked. "Just be prepared for anything." Zelda took the Master sword and filled it with light then gave it back to Link.

"Stay at the front Castle town." She said. You and Link walked to the front together. Link smiled at you and you smiled back. "I never got to tell you, (Y/N)." He said.

"Yes?"

He got close and grabbed your hand. Your heart started to pound. Oh god, why?

"Your bow. What about Akari?" He asked. You stayed emotionless in front of him. "I..don't know."

He turned and bonked himself. "I couldn't..." He said to himself.

"Over there!!" A soldier shouted. You and Link stared into the distance and saw an army of young men. You were about to run until Link held you back to say something. "Please stay safe, (Y/N)."

"You too.."

The Hylian soldiers followed you as 'Zelda' commanded them to. Swinging your arm the first time, you sent a power wave strong enough to make the men fall down for the soldiers to attack.

'Zelda' felt an evil presence nearby.

Some of the men went past you, that was Link's job. His fraction of soldiers took care of them.

Their chief came and struck you down to the floor. You couldn't move at all. "We made a deal!!" He screamed.

"A-Akari!!!"

'Zelda' commanded all soldiers to get you out.

He pushed them all back. Akari got out of Zelda's body and hurried to you.

Link came from behind and attacked him with the ball and chain. He went around with the spinner.

Once Akari came, you aimed the bow and arrow at the Chief. As he got impaled when you shot him, he vanished into dark clouds.

All of the young men disappeared. You got scared. Link walked by your side. "I thought they were all human.." You said. Looking to your side, Link melted. "Uahh!!!"

"(Y/N)!" You snapped back to reality. Link stared at you. "Sorry, (Y/N). You stayed paralyzed so I had to take over."

"What? Don't do that!"

The chief was on the ground. "I beg for mercy!"

Zelda took over. "You will sign a treaty if you wish for peace. We have done nothing wrong."

"Yes! Yes!" He exclaimed.

"(Y/N)? Are you ok-" Link got stabbed right next to you.

The chief laughed and held Zelda by the neck.

"Link!!"

You two got on the ground. "Akari! Save Zelda!"

"You'll be okay..! I promise! You'll be safe!"

Link bled so much, it scared you more every second. You placed your hands on the wound, trying to heal him. Your power wasn't enough for him, you focused more on your fear than saving him.

"Please stay alive. Please stay alive! Link!"

Akari got Zelda out of the Chiefs hands and she ran to Link. "Let's heal him to together!"

You and Zelda used the most power. His wounded began to heal.

"Stay here! Take care of him!" You ran to Akari.

You grabbed the chief as Akari created a portal to nowhere. You threw him and closed the portal.

Link got up and saw you. You turned and smiled at him.

You two hugged each other tightly.

Link grabbed your cheeks and kissed you. You were surprised but you gave in. It felt like you two had been waiting.

Zelda and Akari smiled.

As you two separated, Akari screamed your name.