XXXVIII: pancakes

knock knock knock

"YN? Yoongi?" A quiet voice calls from outside my bedroom door. 

I slowly sit up and get off the bed, trying my best to not disturb the sleeping father-daughter duo. I put my bed-head up into a messy ponytail and walk over to the door, opening it and seeing my mom on the other side. 

"Morning, mama," I rasp, yawning after.

"Morning, sweet pea," She greets, giving me one of her warm smiles, "I'm gonna go out and get some food for breakfast. Does Chunnie or Yoongi like anything specific for breakfast?" 

"Oh! Are you going alone?" 

"Yeah, your father is in the garage doing some things with the car so it't just me today," She answers back. 

"Give me five minutes," I say, "I'm gonna change and go with you. We could use some mother-daughter bonding."

"That sounds great! I'll go make us some coffee. Meet me downstairs then we'll go!" She smiles, making her way down the steps to her kitchen. 

I smile as I pick out a some jeans and one of Yoongi's tees and put them on. I fix my hair and throw it into a bun before walking back to the bed and shaking Yoongi gently. 

"Yoongs?" I whisper, trying not to wake Chunhei, who's cuddled into his side, "Baby?"

"YN?" Yoongi slowly wakes up, his voice raspy with sleep, "Hi, baby. Where you going?"

"I'm gonna go to the shops with mama," I say, placing a kiss on his pouty lips, "I'll be back in a few. Go back to sleep. You both need it." 

"Hmm," Yoongi hums, his eyes already closing again, "Be safe, baby. We'll be here."

I lean over and place a kiss on Chunhei's forehead then moved back to place another kiss on Yoongi's lips. 

"Is that my shirt?" 

"Maybe," I blush, throwing an oversized cardigan over my form, "See you!"

"Hmm, love you, YN." Yoongi whispers before falling back asleep.

"Love you more."

I rush downstairs and see mama with two travel coffee cups in her hands, "Ready, my love?" 

"Let's go!" I cheer, thanking her and grabbing one of the cups. 

grocery store

"YN, can you go and grab some flour in the other aisle?" Mama asks while looking over some fruits, "I wanna make Yoongi and Chunhei some pancakes."

"Yum, I love your pancakes," I laugh, walking over to the aisle to get the flour.

I quickly grab the flour and pass some chocolate chips. I stop in my tracks and look at the variety of chocolate chips. When was the last time I made cookies for Chunnie?

"Having trouble choosing?" A voice startles me, making me jump slightly, "Oh, sorry! Didn't mean to scare ya."

I shake the thought from my head and turn to the owner of the face, a gasp escaping my lips. 

"YN?" The man questions moving closer to me. 

I take a step back. 

"YN? Is that really you?" 

"H-Hey, Mingyu!" I stutter, scolding myself internally for being nervous.

"What are you doing here? What brings you back to Busan?" He smiles, once again moving closer to me.