Chapter 36: Kidnapped!

Rowan pushed the door open, his eyes scanned the living room. He ran towards Willow's room hoping that she was lying on her bed, sleeping and that he was just being delusional about someone harming her.

As Rowan stood outside her door, he could hear nothing moving inside her room. Not even the rhythmic breathing of a person sleeping. Fear gripped Rowan as his hand hovered over the doorknob. Giving everything inside him, he twisted the doorknob open to see what he knew but had been hoping otherwise.

The room was empty and so was the whole house, beside Venice, Willow's mother inside her own room.

Rowan's hand fisted and punched the wall beside the door. He grew frustrated that he had left Willow in the hands of danger himself and left her alone. So what if she was menstruating? He could have just controlled himself more than he always does. He could have stayed behind instead but he didn't and now he was here with Willow gone.

"Rowan."

Rowan stayed still as he listened to Felix, who walked up behind him. Even though he knew what Felix was going to say, he still hoped that all this was just a prank and that Willow was hiding in her closet and would jump out on him anytime now. But he knew it was just his wishful thinking.

"Lark is not in his room." Said Felix. "I looked everywhere. From what I can tell he was here a few hours ago, and he even had this in his room," Felix showed him a pair of headphones. "They look likes Willow's."

Rowan's fist once again met the wall in force. He shouldn't have left Willow with Lark.

But he still wanted to believe that it wasn't Lark who wanted to hurt Willow. What if Willow was actually fine and she only went out for a walk and Lark was hanging around the forest.

Rowan recalled that Lark had said that he was exiled and faeries can't lie. So, how did Lark lie about him being exiled from the faerie land? Or maybe he indeed was exiled but the news wasn't spread yet.

Rowan shook his head, he should stop thinking about all of this and first look for Willow, whether she went out for a walk or if she was kidnapped, he would look for her till he had her in his arms.

"I-" Rowan looked around the hallway. "I have to look for her."

"You're bleeding." Said Felix.

Rowan looked at his hands, though his hand had already healed, his hand was still covered in blood. He took out his handkerchief and wiped his hands on them. It was the same handkerchief he had given to Willow on the first day they met. He clutched the handkerchief tightly in his hands.

Rowan shut his eyes and cleared up his mind. With his smelling senses heightened he looked around for Willow's scent last found.

Rowan walked towards the kitchen and paused. His brows furrowed as he sniffed again. That is when he noticed that her scent stopped coming near the back door in the kitchen, as if it had never been there. But Rowan had always seen her lock the door  at night after dinner so it was impossible for her scent to disappear near the door.

Rowan's eyes widened when he saw that the door was unlocked. Anger surged through Rowan as he opened the door and he could tell that Willow's scent completely disappeared as if it was being masked on purpose. He looked around the kitchen and found a cup of tea smelling heavily like Willow. He walked out of the kitchen and that is when he smelled a faint scent of tranquilliser and it was in this place that he could smell her scent mixing with absolutely nothing, as if the person who came to get her had also masked their scent.

Masking one's scent was a witchcraft, Rowan wondered if Lark would use witchcraft just to kidnap Willow and why would he even use a sedative to kidnap Willow, he could just glamour her, even though Willow could break free of the glamour, from what he had heard the last time, he could still glamour Willow for a few minutes, since she wasn't yet thought about magic yet. The reason she could do that was because of his mark on her, but the mark was also fading, making their bond weaker.