13.

Klaus sat on the ground, with Layla's head on his lap. She was drawing a picture in the dirt while Klaus ran his fingers through her lushes locks. Layla looked up and smiled at him, "I never want to leave this place."

Klaus looked around at the trees and dirt, "I would leave to go home."

Layla playfully slapped him, "There is beauty every where you just need to look hard enough," she picked a flower showing Klaus, "There is beauty everywhere."

Klaus smiled down at Layla. He loved the way she saw the world, if only he could see the world in her eyes. He leaned down kissing her deeply, "But the most beautiful thing is in front of me."

She smiled under his kiss, "I love you Niklaus."
******************
Layla woke up, to Klaus' soft snores. She looked at him, he was perfect even when he was asleep. He stayed the night this time, making her smile slightly.

"You know, it is weird to stare," Klaus murmured.

Layla rolled her eyes at her, "When will you be going?"

Klaus' eyes opened, "You didn't want me to leave last night, why now?"

"Because I am a nice person, and it was late. You looked tired," she told him, "Anyway, I know you are leaving to make your hybrids."

"You're, right," Klaus said to her, "I'm off to Portland today. You're kind of place, with your whiney music taste."

Layla glared at him, "You're an ass."

"But you love me,"he smirked.

"I wouldn't be to sure," Layla told him.

Klaus' face dropped, "But you do, the fates made it so."

"Whatever," she mumbled, getting out of bed.

Klaus followed her and collected his things, he gave her a quick kiss on the cheek, "I will call you tonight, love."

"Bye," she said to him as he walked out of her bedroom.
***************
Layla sat in her living room, watching an American Horror Story Marathon, nothing was going to posses her to get up and leave her house today. Until, her phone rang.

"What Damon?" she asked annoyed.

"We need you at the old Lockwood cellar if you would," Damon told her.

"Why, I'm done with supernatural shit after yesterday," Layla sighed.

"Please Layla," Damon pleaded.

"Damon, American Horror Story is on, I'm not missing Evan Peters."

Damon groaned, "We only need you for an hour tops. Then you can go back and waste your day away, which to me is not a smart decision, considering you have a death sentence."

Layla pondered his words. He was right, she only had a limited time, "Fine, I'll see you in twenty minutes."

"Thank Layla, I owe you one," Damon said before hanging up.
****************
Layla got out of her car and joined Damon, Elena, and Alaric who were standing at the entryway.

"Good morning sunshine," Damon grinned.

Layla exhaled deeply, "Come on, my TV is calling me."

Alaric chuckled as he descended the stairs. They began to walk down a tunnel, Layla almost fell catching on to Elena for support. She gave Elena a cheeky grin before continuing.

"So, the Lockwoods really have no idea that these tunnels are underneath their property?" Elena asked shining a flashlight onto the wall.

"Careful where you shine that thing," Alaric warned her, "Bats hate the light."