05 | E

Emmanuelle

Really Nuelle? Dimitri?...

I pulled the door shut and facepalmed myself. Whatever, Emillio will probably tell him that he was the one who had instructed me to wait in the office, I thought to myself.

His looks might have changed, but his attitude was still the same if not even worse. He used to avoid me and give me cold looks that made me feel like he did not want me here when we were younger.

I did not expect him to suddenly change and be happy to see me, but  somewhere deep down I at least expected a 'Hi' or something. But— nothing.

"Okay," I whispered to myself as I tried to keep myself from overthinking the whole situation.

I just wished that we did not have to stay for so long. I huffed in annoyance at my own thoughts before I turned on my heel and walked to the others.

They were all still sitting in the living room, talking and laughing. For a moment I stopped walking and stood in silence to watch them.

Tia looked happy, she was holding onto Marissa like it was the last time she would ever get to hold her. Anthony looked happy too.

I could not help but wonder to myself— what if we did not leave this place eight years ago? Would we have grown up together to be a happy family? But then I would not have met Anthony, though in this moment thinking about Anthony made me mad.

I was disappointed in him. There was a lot I wanted to know and if there was one thing I was going to make sure of it was to get the answers to the questions that I had.

It was the least they could do for making me leave and then come back to this place against my will. Well, sort of against my will.

I quickly fixed a small smile on my face when Tia and Marissa turned towards me. Marissa patted the space next to her on the couch, for me to sit. The moment I sat down she wrapped her arms around me again.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too."

"Anthony has been taking good care of you, right?" She raised her eyebrows before she turned to look at Anthony.

I nodded, not once looking at him.

Our attention got caught by laughter coming from the front door. A man dressed in all black just like Emillio, walked through the door.

He was laughing and talking to someone behind him. I pinned my eyebrows together as I tried to get a better look at the person he was talking to. The man moved to the side and waited for the person behind him to make his way through the door.

A young man dressed in black jeans paired with a black shirt and white sneakers walked in. He looked so full of life, showing off his perfect teeth as he kept on talking to the other man whilst they walked towards us. His dark hair was neatly styled back, his face was clean shaven.

Wait, is that?...

"Marco." Marissa voiced as she let go off me.

She got up, unintentionally blocking my view by standing in front of me as she waited for him.

"Hey sis." He said before he hugged her.

It was a quick hug. With her left arm still on his shoulder she turned towards Tia who immediately got up. Before he got to utter one word Tia had attached herself to him.

Tia is not a very tall woman and that is coming from someone who is 5'3. He hugged her back and rested his chin on her head.  He had his eyes closed and kept telling her to stop crying as he wiped away her tears.