III

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

(flashback)

tati began to play the notes on the keyboard, and jade started to sing. "there is no upper hand i'm giving you mine, it doesn't have to end up wasting your time, there's things that i could say but here in my way i wanna let you know, that it's all okay." tati gazed and her longingly. woah. "what'd you think?" jade asked, taking off the headphones and looking at me. vega was lost for words. "you liked that?" jade chuckled, amused.

tatiana nodded, still unsure of what to say. "mhm..." she hummed.

west nodded and removed her headphones. "you know, you're not as bad as i thought you'd be,"

tati raised an eyebrow. "what did you think i'd be like?"

"well, i thought you'd be a lot like your sisters."

tati nodded and chuckled softly. "yeah... no." she looked up. "that's good?"

jade shrugged. "you know it is."

tati laughed. her sisters were kinda... i don't know. annoying in their own ways.

"it's getting pretty late." jade piped up, breaking the silence.

tati nodded and stood up from her chair. "want to get out of here?"

jade looked up from her bag and smirked. "sure, vega."

the pair walked through the crisp california air, it was pretty chilly due to the time, but not freezing.

"eek. this is sweater weather." tatiana squeaked, as the cold wind whipped her face. she clenched her chapped bottom lip with her chattering teeth.

"well, you should've brought one then." jade grinned smugly, buttoning up her black cardigan.

the street lamps above illuminated the street, tati turned to look at the goth's side profile. she had a defined jawline, and her eyebrow was studded with a piercing. her eyelashes were long, and they fluttered gracefully when she blinked. her lips were rosy and plump.

jades cheeks heated up and turned pink as she saw tati staring at her in the corner of her eye. she turned away to hide her flattered facial expression. "don't stare at me." she growled.

"i wasn't." tati lied, focusing her gaze forward.

jade scoffed. "this is me. number 505." she announced, stopping outside a house and crossing her arms.

"oh." tati nodded, with a small smile. she thought they were going to head somewhere to hang out, but she'd guessed wrong. it was fine though. she didn't know why she wanted to hang out with the raven-haired girl so much.

"thanks for walking me. i guess." jade shrugged, trying not to show any emotions.

"my pleasure." tati grinned. "i'll see you at school tommorow?"

"whatever!" jade called out, already walking up to her front door.

tati shook her head, and retreated, heading in the direction of her own home. once she was facing the other way, jade smiled at the back of the latina's head. she truly did enjoy her company.

(end of flashback)

"mm... this cocoa is good." i said, letting the hot chocolatey liquid slip down my throat.

"mhm." my sister nodded, setting her mug on the coffe stable. "it's from belgium. mom got it from the market."

"that probably why then." i nodded, sitting back in the couch. "ah..."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

a/n: ha! you guys thought i would put a kiss in this early on? never ;)

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈