Chapter 4 - Try Again

Sunghoon glided out of the ice after hours and hours of practice. His parents are smiling at him, waiting for him with clothes to change on, and hot coffee.

"You did great, honey." Sungyeon wrapped his hand around him.

"I just wish you practiced longer today. If only you didn't walk with Jay and met me at the school's parking lot." His father remarks. Sunghoon looked guilty for doing so, but he felt incomplete lately without Jay. If he gets to choose, he'd drop this one tournament and hang out with Jay more.

He wanted to have a life as well. Have friends and fool around a store without buying anything. Just walk around to kill time.

Why is it such a crime to chill? Why do we always have to be productive? He already had a hard time in school. Why can't he just chill after.

"Well get changed. We're driving you to the academy." His father told him.

He is of course enrolled to advance lessons, so school would be a lot easier for him. He'd know his future lessons right away and be sure to excel in them.

He has to.

Instead of arguing, he chose to just do as they say and keep his usual schedule.

While he was in the car, he felt unfair that Jay isn't attending any of these classes. Though it was pretty obvious why. He's a math genius of some sort. Sunghoon didn't even imagine him to be that phenomenal.

The reason he doesn't get the top rank is because he'd be accused of cheating, and Sunghoon can tell. He probably got that tip from Hansol.

Yves on the other hand pays Yuri so she won't be accused of cheating. She is allowed to have correct answers while Jay is not. Sunghoon did want to discuss that to his parents but they seem to act weird around Jay.

It was as if he's a stranger.

He does understand that it wasn't them who raised him, but they should at least try. They always treat Jay as if he's an interference. All they tell him is to not embarrass Sunghoon. Don't involve Sunghoon. Don't put the family name in shame as if they knew that Jay's going to get in trouble.

"Here we are." Sungyeon kissed Sunghoon's cheek before letting him out of the car. Now here it is again. The most boring building that Sunghoon has ever been in.

It's like he has to attend school again. His muscles are already having tremors, but he's still forced to be here.

He sat down, sighing in frustration. Girls gathered outside the room taking pictures of him. "Ice Prince, please take a picture with me." One girl had the courage to ask him.

Sunghoon didn't want to be rude, so he forced a smile in front of the camera.

"Stand up!" The girl happily requested, but to Sunghoon it sounded more like a demand. He's already tired from skating. He had a 15-minute-rest at the car on his way here. He had to climb three sets of stairs, before he got him. He just sat down for literally 2 seconds.

But of course, he didn't want to be rude. He stood up with shaking knees and forced a smile.

"Me too!" Another one came to take as many pictures as she can with different poses. Sunghoon felt like he's about to collapse, but kept it up. There's at least fourteen more girls to go.

"Those who aren't enrolled to this subject may leave." Miss Krystal – the teacher remarked, making the girls stop taking pictures and leave the room.

"Bitch!" They muttered before leaving.

Sunghoon frowned, because he has a thing for Krystal, though she was older and has a boyfriend.