Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6

The wind howls as it passes you, no longer comforting as it only reminds you that you're alone tonight. The stars above do little to light the streets, only providing a glorious view to anyone who is out at this late hour. The occasional drunk stumbles out of a nearby bar, but they never take a moment to enjoy the view of the night sky, only focusing on trying to find a way home in their drunken state.

It's past 11 pm, meaning you are on your nightly patrol, sitting silently on a rooftop, waiting for any signs of distress. You gaze upward at the little glittering lights, tracing constellations with your fingertip. Some real, and others that you've made up in your free time.

The stars are your only source of comfort at the moment.

The Bakusquad hasn't tried to talk to you since your quarrel yesterday. You spent the whole day by yourself and ended up eating lunch alone on the roof to avoid them. You know it is better this way. The fewer connections you have, the easier it will be for everyone when it's time for you to leave in a couple of months.

The selfish part of your brain demands that you apologize to them, but you know it won't make them feel better. The squad was quiet all day today. Too quiet. They moped around, avoiding contact with you at all costs. Kaminari even ran into a wall in an attempt to avoid you in the hallways. The whole class noticed their strange behavior and asked if they were alright. But, every time they would clam up and refuse to say a word. Except for Bakugo who would flip middle fingers at them.

You figure it's only a matter of time before they get over it and become their cheery selves once again. You aren't an active part of their lives anyway, so you don't understand why they are still upset. You only knew them for a little over a week.

You shake your head to get rid of your thoughts, wanting to forget any of this ever happened. You close your eyes for a moment, allowing yourself to repress the unwanted emotions trying to rise in your chest and rip you apart. Your throat burns and your chest aches.

You have other friends though. You have Rumi, Keigo, and Hakamata. You have Toshinori, who's like a father to you. You have a family. But, the memories of them don't help the numb feeling in your chest when you think about how you hurt your Class 1-A goofballs. For the first time in years, you feel alone.

The Bakusquad managed to worm their way into your life in only a week. It took months for you to trust Toshinori when you first met him, but here these kids are, managing to soften you up in only a couple of days with their strange behavior and references.

Out of nowhere, a high-pitch scream pierces the air. Your eyes shoot open as you scan the street, seeing that a block down, a small group is getting surrounded by a much larger group of people who don't look friendly.

You use your quirk to teleport in between the groups and act as a shield, your arrival stunning the group and stopping their advance. Thieves don't usually travel in groups of more than 6 and rarely attack other people. There are at least 15 people in the group, all with some type of mutant quirk. A gang then.

You use their surprise to your advantage, attacking the ring leader who has the scales of a reptile covering his body. Your fist socks him hard enough that the audible crunch of his nose makes the other members take a wary step back.

You smirk under your mask, throwing the leader to the ground by his collar and stepping over him and towards the other members. You keep your posture loose and relaxed, eyes glowing blood red beneath your hood.

"You have exactly three seconds to drop your weapons and surrender before I take you all into custody. I'm in a bad mood right now, so it'd be wise to give up while you have the chance."