Chapter 31

"So, what are we doing?" Danny asked as they got into the car.

"We're going on a little road trip," Bruce said smiling.

"Road trip?" Danny asked confused.

"It's been ages since we got out of the manor," Dick said with a grin. "So, the four of us are going on a little camping trip."

"Really?" Danny asked surprised.

Bruce nodded. "There's a campsite right outside of Gotham that my father used to take me to. Dick, Alfred, and I have been going for years. We thought it would be fun if all four of us went this year."

Danny gave him a small smile, "I like the sound of that..." he's been pretty busy with the team lately. Plus going on his own patrols. And not to mention, trying to figure out what Vlad is up to. It would be nice to relax for a little while. Besides, what's the worst that could happen?

~time skip~

After half an hour of driving, they arrived at the campsite. They would spend the night, go hiking tomorrow, then head back in time for school the next day. Once the car was parked, they all helped set up their tents and other supplies.

Alfred and Bruce had one tent, and Danny and Dick had the other. Dick had challenged Bruce to a tent building race. In the end, Bruce won, and Danny had to help Dick untangle himself from the tent.

Danny chuckled as he unwrapped the strap around Dick's head. "You're bad at this aren't you?"

Dick laughed as he poked his head through the fabric, "Growing up, my parents and I were a part of a circus. When I was little, I always tried to help set up the Big Top. In the end, I would get trapped under all of the material. I guess I haven't gotten any better."

Danny laughed some more once he was finally free. "You would think the World's greatest Detective would be able to set up a simple tent."

Dick stopped laughing, "What did you just call me?"

Danny immediately realized his mistake. "Remember, when we were at Artemis' house?" he said quickly. "She called you the world's greatest detective when you wanted to play Clue."

"Oh..." Dick nodded. "Yeah, I forgot about that..." he went back to setting up the tent.

Danny let out a sigh of relief. "Too close..."

~time skip~

Once the tents were set up, Alfred and Bruce started cooking hot dogs over the fire. Dick decided to skip the hot dogs and started roasting marshmallows. Alfred told him he would spoil his dinner, but he didn't seem to mind. Everything was going great.

"Ow!" they all looked over to Danny as he rubbed his head.

"What happened?" Bruce asked.

"I don't know..." he looked around. "Something hit me..."

Dick looked up, "Maybe one of those pinecones fell on you."

Danny looked up as well, "Yeah... that must have been it..."

"Here you go Master Danny." Alfred handed him a hot dog.

"Thanks Alfred." He was about to take a bite of the hot dog when a hook suddenly stabbed it. "Agh!" He instantly dropped his food. He looked to his left and glared. "What are you doing here?!" 

(A/N - Hey guys, thanks for reading! See you next week! Stay whelmed and go ghost!)