Chapter-15

Arinya's POV

I was completely zoned out throughout the meeting. I felt embarrassed when I was caught not paying attention. I was told not to leave the office until I don't complete the designs for LA's project. Since I was handling Mr Allen's hotel work and 2 other projects simultaneously so there was considerably a lot of work left for LA's project. Though I can complete my work before midnight if I work consistently without taking major breaks. Well, working late was not a problem for me at all but the only thing I was dreading was the current situation that I've gotten myself into without even wanting to be in it.

After the meeting I told Elle about the new message and the picture from the unknown number again when everyone else left the meeting room. I hastily walked out of the room when Mr King entered the meeting room again.

I am beyond petrified and due to that I can't concentrate on my work. If I could convert my stress, panic, fear, anxiety into money, then I'd have been the planet's richest person by now. I am so damn stressed that I am thinking the most non-sensical things now.

I was sitting in my cabin looking out of the large window on my left which had such an amazing view of the skyscraper city. It was pouring and for a minute I found myself lost in the drizzling sound of the rain. But that contentment couldn't reside for long when my mind again lingered to the stalker, the images as well as the dreadful text messages. I breathed heavily and tried to brush away all those thoughts. I looked at the mess that my desk currently was. I felt even more demotivated after seeing the clutter in front of my eyes.

But I can't just run away from my responsibilities. Being a responsible employee, it's my duty to serve the best to my workplace. I sighed and first arranged everything in an organized manner. Can't help the OCD. After organizing all the stuff I started working and lost myself in it. At lunch time, my friends came to my cabin with cheese hamburgers. I had decided to skip lunch today but they surprised me by bringing food. I thanked them and all of us ate in my cabin only. All three of them left and I started working again.

I was so occupied with work when Elle rang my phone.

"Hey El." I spoke over the phone.

"Ready to head home?" She asked.

"Ah no. I am not yet done with the designs that I am required to submit before leaving." I replied.

"Oh is it." She said and I was sure she must be frowning.

"Don't frown too much and just head home." I said chirpily.

"No I can wait... " She replied but I cut her off midway.

"You're going home and no arguments on that. Besides, I still have a lot to complete." I said with finality.

"Okay just give me a call whenever you're done. I'll pick you up." She said in a defeated voice.

"El the weather isn't too good for you to drive around in dark. Don't worry about me I'll book a cab." I spoke.

"No Ari, you know the situation.. I can't.." She said and a wave of uncertainty washed over me. I gulped and replied.

"El I know you care about me and I really appreciate that...But I can't just risk your safety too." I really didn't want Elle to be dragged in this mess. She has her own life and her own battles to fight as well.

"And what about yours?" She asked with concern laced in her voice.

"Okay I'll call you if I'll find anything wrong or fishy." I stated sincerely.