fourteen !

ૂ   ⋆   ゚ ✰   ༅    ✶

ATLANTIS

........................................

𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲 — 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯
»↷ 014. PART OF YOUR WORLD
🈲 🆘 🈴

"where is she? jackson i swear to god if you hurt her-" stiles stopped mid sentence when he saw who he was looking for. his girl, his kida, being wheeled away on a stretcher, blood staining her blue work shirt and white jeans. he felt his heart drop to his stomach as he saw the scratches across her torso. "kida? kie? what the hell happened to her?" stiles had a million and one questions to ask, but all he knew in that moment, was that he needed to be with kida. and so he gave his father one last look, jumping into the ambulance and holding onto her hand for dear life.

"sti? scotty?" her voice was strained, and it hurt like hell to talk, but she saw the looks on her boys faces, and she simply couldn't stay silent. "kie? oh my god." the two boys immediately jumped up, wrapping their best friend in a tight hug and forgetting the fact she's almost been slashed to death by an alpha. "we t-thought-" kida pushed a hand over stiles' mouth, silencing the boy. "i know. but i didn't. i'm gonna be fine. and i'm gonna have some badass scars." the boys let out a sad chuckle, their faces still holding remorse and guilt. she tabbed each of their hands with her own, making them look up at her.

"it wasn't your fault." she knew that's what the boys thought, that they could've prevented it from happening if stiles would've stayed with her for her shift, or scott would've gone to rent a movie and caught her in the middle of it all. it really wasn't there fault. suddenly, something hit her. "jackson? is he okay? i tried to he-" before she could finish, a knock sounded on the door, and a familiar smiling face came in. "hey, little sis." she grinned, pushing herself up just enough that it didn't hurt.

"milo! i thought you weren't coming home till wednesday?" milo gestured his head towards stiles with a knowing grin, to which he got an eye roll and a middle finger as a response. her hand was still latched tightly onto both of the boys', stiles' thumb running over her knuckles every few seconds. "doctor says i can get out tomorrow, the scratches aren't deep, i barely lost blood, and i can do what i want within reason." the three boys in the room nodded along, milo giving her a look that said 'bullshit.'

milo thatch and his grandfather were the only two people on planet earth that knew about kida nadakh's abilities, for even the girl herself didn't know. she never quite understood how she'd cut herself and have it disappear within mere seconds, or how she was always so drawn to water, or how she could heal someone else with a tear drop or a kiss of her lips. but they knew, and they knew that her father didn't want her to know until the time was right.

————————

although kida didn't like to be in mr harris' chem class, she was more than happy to be back to normal. she was sitting beside stiles, as usual, and taking down notes as he insulted half the class. "just a friendly reminder, parent/teacher conferences are tonight. students below a c average are required to attend. although we know who's parent wont be coming." kida glared daggers into the back of harris' head, knowing that he was talking about her. he always seemed to make little comments on the fact that kida's grandfather couldn't come to things like this due to his research.

"i won't name you, because of the shame and self disgust should be more than enough punishment." to get rid of her anger, kida glanced over at stiles, who looked utterly adorable with a highlighter cap between his lips as he concentrated on his textbook. she never thought she'd say this, but she was jealous of a pen cap. "has anyone seen scott mccall?" harris stopped in front of their desk, glaring down at kida and stiles, who just stared back. the room went eerily silent as jackson entered, everyone caring more about the kid who saw nothing than the girl who was almost killed.

harris muttered something to jackson, making his way to the front of the classroom and instructing then on what to do next. "mr stilinski. try putting the highlighter down between paragraphs. it's chemistry, not a colouring book." stiles spat the lid out into the air, catching it and putting it back on the pen. he leant forward towards danny, meaning kida had to also lean forward to listen in. "hey danny. can i ask you a question?" the lacrosse player didn't even bother turning around, just simply said 'no'. "did lyds show up in homeroom today?" danny shook his head at the girl, who nodded back.

"does anyone know what happened to jackson and lydia last night?" danny shook his head again, muttering something about only kida seeing something. "he wouldn't tell me." this seemed to confuse both stiles and kida, who thought jackson told danny everything. "but he's your best friend." stiles tone was flat, and utterly rude, but no one really cared. "danny...do you find me attractive?" kida rolled her eyes, punching stiles' arm and glaring at danny when he grinned at the shorter girl, poking fun at her.

————————

"is he still not picking up?" kida hadn't let go of stiles since the accident, and she sure as hell wasn't about to start now. "finally, have you been getting any of my texts?" she couldn't hear scott's half of the conversation, but she guessed he was with allison and wanted to be left alone. "do you have any idea what's going on? lydia's mia, jackson looks like he's got a time bomb inserted into his face, another guy's dead and you have to do something about it." kida sighed, nuzzling her head into stiles' arm like a puppy who just wants attention. stiles put the phone down, wrapping one arm around the girl's shoulders.

stiles took kida to his house, letting her get snuggled into his bed in one of his t shirts and a pair of boxers. she was exhausted, and the ache of the scratches was weighing on her. "hey, it's me again. look i found something and i don't know what to do. so if you could turn your phone on right now, that'd be great. or else, i'll kill you. do you understand me? i'm gonna kill you." kida groaned, holding her arms out towards stiles and giving him her famous smile. the boy rolled his eyes, climbing into bed with her and letting her head fall onto his chest. "you're lucky i love you."

"i'm the luckiest girl in the world, sti."