Chapter Nine

"Your office hasn't changed much. Just the sofa and centre table." Kelvin said as soon as Micheal came into the office.
He had already found a comfortable spot on Michael's executive chair, leaving the owner of the office to sit like a visitor.

"Yea. Saw them in a showroom at Abuja, decided to buy them cause that's Claire favourite colour."

"Hnnmmm. Man, speaking of which, where is the lady that got you carried away? That you no ......."

"You bumped into her before you got here. I'm sure you weren't paying attention or I swear to God, you would have taken her on the spot." Michael boasted.

"God forbid. You know me now. Any lady I pass without giving a second glance must either not be my type or too fake."

"Man just forget that thing. You'll......"

A knock came on the door and Sarah walked in. She had touched her face, sprayed her cologne and repacked her hair. She was bearing a tray containing beverages and mugs.

"Good morning Sir." She greeted Kelvin, giving Micheal a platonic smile.

"Morning. What's that?" Kelvin asked, looking at the girl intently. How could she be wearing such heavy make up in an office environ? She looked like someone who was desperate for marriage and has resorted to make ups for solutions.

"Tea sir. I could make it with warm water or ice, depending on your choice." She said, dropping the tray on the table and standing between the two friends.

"Sarah dear, just serve us iced tea. You know how much I love them."

Sarah smiled and concentrated on mixing the tea, making sure her bosoms were directly staring at Kelvin through the top of her singlet.

"Uhm, Kelvin, meet my baby, Sarah. Honey, that's my best friend Kelvin." Micheal introduced as soon as she was done serving them.

Kelvin, who was already sipping his tea spilled it on himself as he tried to understand what his friend just said.
"Wow. She?"

That was the only words that could come out of his mouth.

"Yea. I knew you'd have that look, told you that you'll be stunned. Look at your face." Micheal said, breaking into a laugh.

"Wow." He looked at her again and felt like hitting his friend on the jaw.

"It's good to finally place a face behind the name". He added.

"Thank you sir. I'll have my leave now." She said, pretending to leave.

"Come on baby, is it because my friend is here? Not even a morning kiss?"
Sarah blushed just as much as Kelvin wanted to punch both of them in the face.

"Come here baby."
She leaned in and gave him a quick kiss before catwalking out of the office.

"I told you ........"

"Shut the fuck up man. Is that it? Oh! I can't believe this." Kelvin said, hitting his fist on the table.

"What is the problem? Why are you angry all of a sudden?"

"Bro, I'm disappointed. Trust me, I am. Is that who you're cheating Claire with? That fake face, that bleached face? I'm sure her cunt must be bleached too. Fuck!" He thundered angrily.

"You're insulting my babe in front of me? You're simply saying all these because you want her. Keep dreaming man."

Kelvin laughed. A mockery laugh.
"You know what? Let's talk about something else. Talking about her makes me wanna go screw a black spotted white pig." He said, laughing Micheal to stupor.