22

"Thanks for helping." Namjoon said grinning while heaving one of the baskets out of his car, "Usually I would've asked Jimin to help me put he had an important class today so you were the only one I could think of..."

You waved it off smiling, taking one of the with seedlings filled baskets, "No problem Joon, I'm really glad that I can help."

The blond smiled, with dimples and all, heaving up a second basket, "You're an angel Y/N."

You winked at him grinning, watching in jealousy as the older carried not one, but two of the heavy baskets inside his store.

"I wanted to ask you already, but I didn't dare to yet-" Namjoon said while pushing the door open with one leg, "-but I wanted to know wether Taemin ever contacted you again?"

You thought back to your ex, whom you haven't even heard of once ever since you moved out, "Nah, I guess I won't for a while. He's probably hella pissed."

Namjoon laughed, a thumping sound chiming through the stuffy shop when both of you placed the basket in front of the counter, "I guess it's for the better if you two cut ties completely."

You agreed 100%, not feeling bad about how you hadn't wasted a single thought on Taemin ever since you broke up.

"Well, then." Namjoon huffed, straightening his back, "There are only two baskets left, I can carry them myself."

You shook your head, pushing past him, "One basket for each of us Joonie, I came here to help."

The witch laughed sheepishly, "Guess, I underestimated you."

You just snickered while making your way back to the car, where you heaved up the - it felt like - 298th basket today.

Strands of silver hair where sticking to the sides of your face, and you felt a bit gross with all the sweat soaking your clothes. It didn't help that the sun was blasting down on you with full force today.

"Uhm- Y-Y/N-" Namjoon began and you turned around, looking at him attentively.

"Hm?" You knew his tone, because he only got so shy when he was talking about Seokjin.

"Did he.. did he talk about me? Or our date?"

You giggled, thinking back to the hours you spent listening to Jin swoon about Namjoon, "You could say that, yeah."

"Did he... enjoy it?" You almost felt bad for the stuttering mess of a man in front of you and reached out to pat his shoulder, almost dropping the basket in the process.

"I won't snitch on my best friend now, you can just ask him yourself, but all I can tell you is that you pretty much conquered the cutest ass in South Korea."

Namjoon laughed hole heartedly at your cheeky statement, a slight red tinting his cheeks, "I'm glad, really."

You wanted to answer but got distracted by the feeling of pure relief when you finally dropped the last basket onto the stone tiles, "Ahhh Jesus Christ." Namjoon snickered behind you, eyeing your sweaty form with somewhat pity.

"I'll go make something cold to drink for us quickly," The older proposed, disappearing in the back rooms of the store, "Wait for me!"