(Chapter 1) Breakfast

Y/n P.O.V

"Y/n, honey. You better be getting ready for school" mom says from downstairs disturbing my peaceful sleep.

"I'm up. Don't worry" I sleepily reply, though I can tell she's unconvinced and as such, I mentally prepare myself for one of my brothers to be sent up to get me. And what do you know, just like clockwork.

"Y/n....... mom says you gotta get up" I hear Garroth sing as he enters my room.

I go to reply with "I'm already up" but the only thing that comes out is incoherent mumbling.

"Oh come on baby sister, it's Zane and Vylad's first day"

"You're only older than me by a month"

"And because of that month, you'll always be my baby sister. Now get up moms making breakfast and I wanted to talk to you about.........."

The moment I heard "breakfast" everything but my nose tuned out. There was a distinct smell of frying. And eggs. And milk. The combination of which could only mean one thing.

".........trouble cause Zane's been hanging around them a lot and judging by...."

"PANCAKES!!!!" I cut Garroth off.

"Yeah? How did you know....."

I race past Garroth, out the door, down the stairs, into the kitchen and straight into a seat at the kitchen counter with my knife and fork already in hand.

"Morning sweetie. I thought that might get you up" Mom cheerful says as she puts a freshly made pancake on my plate. I stare at it and imagine how delicious it would be. I then remember I don't have to imagine and start my destruction of the deliciousness that sits before me.

"So how did you sleep?" Mom says.

"Pretty good, was a bit cold though that was my fault for falling asleep before I pulled my bedsheets over me, anyway how did you sleep?" I say, or at least I try to but the pancake in my mouth makes it impossible to understand what I just said. Though mom seems to get the basic idea.

"I slept well sweetie thanks for asking, now go finish your breakfast and go get ready. Would you like me to come up and do your hair in a bit?"

"No thanks mum I got it" I say. As in I actually say that and was not prevented by a pancake. Curse those evil yet delicious concoctions. Not really I don't think I could live without them.

After I finish my last pancake I head upstairs and pass Vylad's room, quickly popping my head in to say "Hi"

"Hi sis, you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good, you? You excited for your first day?"

"Yes and double yes" Vylad cheerfully retorts followed by one of his amazing smiles. Amazing and infectious as I can't help but smile back as I leave the room.

Next up is Zane's room.

"Hey bro"

"Hi"

"You okay?"

"Yes"

"Well good to hear" I say as I start to leave, but are cut off by Zane.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I am. Oh and you're about to be excited"

Zane looks at me with a confused look on his face.

"A new episode of My Little Horsies is out tonight"

Though his mask covers it up I can tell he's smiling. Zane and I always watch My Little Horsies together. Ever since I was sick awhile back since he was taking care of me, I forced him to watch it, he's actually been really invested in the story. I'm just really happy me and Zane have something to bond over. I love spending time with my brothers.

I wave a happy "Morning" to Garroth as he exits the bathroom.

And of course, I'm given a happy "Morning" in return.

Finally, I return to my room and get ready for the school day. I put on my uniform making sure it's tidy as I start brushing my hair while walking around my room kicking stuff into place. Finally, I decided not to put on any makeup today and grab my bag to leave.

As I do I bump into Garte.

"Morning Y/n"

"Morning"

"You excited for school?" He happily questions, trying to make conversation.

"Yes sir"

As I say that, Garte's smile slightly drops. I've never really felt comfortable around him mainly cause it took some time for him to adjust to a meif'wa living in the house and that meif'wa also being his daughter. But I understand that he's trying and I'm really thankful for that it's just as I said before I just don't feel comfortable calling him dad the same way I call mom, mom. If that makes any sense.

We both walk downstairs and are greeted by everyone eating what's left of the pancakes, with mom making our packed lunches at the same time. My brothers are sitting at the table with Garroth in the middle, Vylad to the left, and Zane as far right as he could be.

"Alright everyone finish up and get in the car I'll be out in a minute to drive you four to school" mom declares.

"But mom, me and Garroth can drive"

"I know sweetie, but I wanna be there for Vylad's first day. Now go on I'll be out in a minute"

"I call shotgun!" Vylad shouts

Zane looks more annoyed as he realizes that he'll be in the back with me and Garroth. Though as we all walk outside I make sure to sit in the middle even though the middle seat isn't comfortable on my tail.

Mom starts the car and drives down the road heading towards school. Not long after mom pulls up at said school. The place is packed with students either making their way inside or standing around talking to friends. Mom waves us off and Zane instantly disappears off somewhere, probably to go find The Shadow Knights which means I definitely won't be following him.

Garroth sees Laurance and runs off to him and Vylad walks off trying to find his friends who also now go here.

I scan around looking for a certain someone. A certain raven-haired potato. Finally, I see her halfway up the stairs so I slowly make my approach hoping to maintain the element of surprise. However, some rude jerk bumps into her as she's taking a picture. Of her self. Classic.

"Who was that jerk" I say

"I don't know. All I do know is that he's rude"

"He's kinda hot"

"Y/n!!!!"

"What I'm allowed to dream"

"Anyway. Hi!!" She shouts and grabs me into a hug. And once I pull my arms out from her tight grip I return the hug.

"Hey, shu. It's good to see you, well in person that is"

"Same here"

"Well, you excited for your first day of Phoenix Drop High?"

"Yeah, you?"

Suddenly I catch the eyes of an orange-haired girl across the fountain. Her hair flowed so freely. Her smile looked so inviting. Her eyes looked so, enchanting. Then we locked eyes and I could feel a blush creep up on my face as she sent an innocent wave my way, which I shyly returned as she turned around and walked into school. She was so beautiful.

"Yeah. I think it's going to be a good year"

==================================================================================

Hi PTH here

This was my first attempt at writing a fanfic so comment down what you think and if you want me to continue. I'll probably continue anyway since I surprisingly enjoyed writing this but I'll probably do it sooner if someone tells me to. Anyway, bye.

Goodbye and goodnight
Thanks for reading