18. Hickey

~song of the day~
Only girl - Rihanna

Gray walks into the house and straight up the stairs

Gray walks into the house and straight up the stairs. He opens his room door and places me on the floor gently.

I place a hand on my chest and try to steady my breath. Gray tilts his head, narrowing his eyes as he studies my face.

"Are you okay?" He asks, furrowing his brows.

I nod my head without looking at his face.

He clasps my face with his hands, bringing my head up. His eyes roam around my face, and he nods his head.

"Stay here, okay?" He says softly. He opens the door to walk out, but I stop him.

"Don't leave me," I plead.

I didn't want him to leave because I was scared he'd get hurt if he went out. He looks down at my hand and curses.

I follow his gaze and see my bruised bleeding arm. I must have scratched it when I fell.

He pulls me towards the bathroom and carries me to sit on the counter. He brings out the first aid kit and places it next to me.

"This is going to hurt a bit," he frowns at me, dabbing an antiseptic solution on a cotton pad.

I suck in my breath as the antiseptic makes contact with my skin, and he does the same.

"Why are you acting like you're in pain," I chuckle at his reaction.

"Cause I'm in pain," he shrugs.

"Did you hurt yourself?" I ask as he applied petroleum jelly to my cut.

"Seeing you in pain hurts me," He replies, staring directly at my eyes. 

His dark blue eyes hold me in a mesmerizing gaze. His eyes were everything. He smiles and returns his attention to my wound, breaking our gaze.

"It's just a little cut, though, " I mutter

"it's just a little cut, though, " he repeated in a barbie type of voice.

That's not how I speak.

"So how was London," I ask in a lame attempt to start a conversation.

"Boring, " He chuckles.

"Boring? Thought that word didn't exist in your dictionary," I say, making air quotes when I said dictionary

"It doesn't, " he shakes his head. "Imagine my shock."

I chuckle and shake my head. "Why was it boring? I hear London's pretty cool,"

"Because you weren't there," he replies, applying a bandage to my arm.

"Done," he smiles at me.

I roll my eyes at his usual flirty behavior. I couldn't tell when he was being serious or not. I jump off the counter.