07 | E

Emmanuelle

I stretched my arms above my head before I turned to lay on my other side, grabbing the pillow next to me and hugging it tight to my chest. It felt like I was sleeping on a million soft feathers.

I continued to lay for a while longer before my eyes opened at a peak. My eyes widened when it got captured by the fancy chandelier hanging in the middle of the room. When I looked around the room I remembered that I was not in my cozy home back in England.

I got up and took another look around the room that was now filled with light. The decor? Absolutely beautiful. The bed was all white with a few beige pillows.

The curtains were beige as well as the vanity desk and chair. The vanity was placed between two doors, one led to the bathroom and the other opened up to the walk in closet. The moment Dimitri had left I had explored each and every inch of the room.

I threw my head back into the pillow and pulled the comforter up until it reached my chin. I forced myself to go back to sleep, but I could not so I got up.

Whilst stretching my arms above my head and yawning I made my way to the bathroom. I loosened my bun that was hanging low to the side and twisted my hair into a tighter bun. I opened up the tap and splashed water on my face, immediately gasping at the cold.

I walked back to my suitcase which was next to the ottoman and took a towel to wipe my face as well as rummaged it for my outfit of the day.

I took out three options and stared at them for longer than needed because I had actually already made up my mind about what I wanted to wear. I sighed at myself as I put the two other outfits away and left the one I already knew I was going to wear from the start.

I pressed my lips together as I turned back to the bathroom and hopped into the shower. After taking a well needed shower I dressed myself in the chosen outfit which was a sweater and jeans shorts.

I did not have any plans for the day but hope that Dimitri would deliver news that we could meet with the lawyer earlier than planned. After getting dressed I brushed my hair and tied it in a ponytail before making my way out.

"Hey."

I turned to my right to see Marco coming out of his room which was at the end of the hallway.

"Hi." I awkwardly waved at him, immediately cursing myself out for doing that.

"This is your room?" He asked, confused.

"No, that one is mine." I pointed at the princess door, slightly embarrassed. "But, I'm sleeping in this one."

"That's what I thought," He smiled. "Any plans for today?"

"Nope, actually just heading downstairs to see what everyone else is up to. You?"

"Work." Marco took a step back to give me a better view of his suit. "Like it?"

"It looks good." I smiled.

It really did. He really did. He had on a dark blue suit with a white dress shirt underneath. No tie and the first few buttons of the shirt were open.

Marco and Dimitri certainly knew how to dress themselves but how could they not, they grew up with a father who wore suits more often than T-shirts.

"Okay enough of the show, let's go get some breakfast."

I nodded. We were walking through the living room when I noticed Dimitri coming from the other side of the house. He looked rough as though he had not slept well. But somehow— somehow he still managed to look good.